Forty Eight

Chaos erupted.

Elise couldn't even acknowledge who was who, where was where and what was what. All she could see was chaos. Blurry figures passing by her like shadows hiding from light as light catches the dark like a child playing tag. She breathed a sigh of sweet relief.

"Don't be relieved now." Said the man who held the same aura as Serafino and the man who told Elise about bonds that never lies. He looks serious, with his hair flowing through the winds that runs pass them, he was like a man who jumped out of a painting. His eyes were beautifully violet that looked like it was literally slightly glowing. It still looked beautiful despite his seriousness. He held a different aura compared to others before. It felt as if his words were sacred, words true and just.

Elise nodded speechlessly. She decided that this man was an uncrowned king. A lonesome king.

Elise sighed again before looking at Hugo, who was holding her tightly and protectively as they ran through the woods, away from the happening chaos. She hugged him tightly and pouted slightly. Elise couldn't believe that he was carrying her like she was  weighing nothing.  Maybe it's because he was a wolf?

"Are you even eating? Why the hell are you so light?" He snarked when he finally noticed her intense stare that could probably cut holes through skin.

"It's not my fault that you're strong." She grumbled, feeling like some sack of potatoes for some reason.

From the corners of her eyes, she could see Hugo smiling beautifully at her. Elise couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight. Even at a civil war like this, he's still blindingly beautiful.

To avoid getting pulled by his charms, the sack of potatoes poked his shoulder accusingly. "Hey, since when was cutting my hair in the plan? I was seriously scared, you know? You could've cut my head for all I know."

The man beside them, who had no problem catching up to Hugo's speed, answered. "Everything was not planned since we only had a short amount of time to round up a crowd who opposes Liam and his father's plan to conjure a sacred war. The four uncrowned kings were even split. Unfortunately."

Elise could hear the disappointment in his tone and knew that luck was not on their side. She grimaced at the glaring fact.

Sh knew how hard it was to come up with the sudden plan. Hell, even she was too shocked that they had come this far.

Elise felt the whispering wind as they  ran past the trees. But, quickly, she heard the rustling from behind them and she knew that  someone has caught up.

____
"Where's Mari?"

Liam beamed. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best sister ever! I love you! Thank you! I would never forget this kindness for as long as I live!"

Everyone growled at that, Serafino even adding a threat to frighten the wolf. However, Liam ignored it and happily gave Elise the instructions on where Marielle was with a warm smile plastered on his face.

Elise sighed before waving goodbye to her family. They returned the wave with concerns written on their faces.

'Call me if anything happens.' Cleo ordered sternly.

Elise rolled her eyes. 'Ay yay, cap'n. Roger that. Heard you loud and clear.'

Cleo snorted.

She shakes her head with a smile before following Liam's instructions.
____

Hugo clicked his tongue in annoyance, glancing behind him. She was about to ask with fear gripping her heart but he shushed her gently.