Fifty Seven

King of Acceptance.

The last uncrowned king.

The King of Acceptance was the king who was created to accept all of the disgraced children that the Gods and Goddesses have. The uncrowned one was loved deeply by its creator. However, the God loved his siblings as well and he loved his siblings' children and had watched over them like one of his own.

And so, he made his only child, the last uncrowned king, to be the one to accept those children. The ones who yielded golden eyes, the ones who were not accepted by others.

This king was known to be kind but sharp, much like the God. Despite the uncrowned king's fears, she was still moving forward with head held up high. She will search high and low for the unaccepted.

As the uncrowned king, King of Acceptance, the fellow royal one will accept all pain, and all sorrow and will bring it to her death and grave.

She should not shed a single tear for she will have to wipe the tears of others, she doesn't get  to feel sad because it's her job to make somebody happy, she should not be weak because she is the pillar of the weakest. She is meant to love and accept those who can't be strong for themselves.

This is the job of the King of Acceptance.

____

"Obviously, I didn't know that!" Elise shouted, feeling a sudden heavy weight on her shoulder. "I-I didn't..."

She couldn't possibly be an uncrowned king. It was just impossible. If she were then she could have saved her parents who were suffering gravely, she could have saved Hugo from having a painful and lonely death, she could have saved herself from dying and having her new-found family to get sad. And Cleo, who didn't deserve any of this issue, was pulled into this problem.

It just didn't make sense. She could have had a lot of power, she could have used that power to save the people she loved and yet...

And yet, why did the people she love keep escaping from her grasp?

Why did that keep happening? If she were that powerful then why did it feel like she was so powerless?

Their dark surroundings then suddenly began to shatter, like glass slowly breaking. It was horrible. It was as if that shattering surrounding was actually glass and Elise could see a reflection of her broken self staring back at her with this ominous look.

It didn't feel right.

"You were asking what I meant, right?"

Elise looked away from her surroundings and then turned to look at Selene. She was looking at her with an innocent look on her face.

The young lady knew better. Still, Elise nodded speechlessly.

The woman hummed thoughtfully, looking as if she was thinking of a way to explain herself. She then looks at Elise with an odd expression. "Well, since you are the king of acceptance, you're the oldest."

"What? I thought that the king of peace and war was first?" Elise asks in confusion.

Selene snorted. "They were the first to come to earth but you were actually the first to be created."

"Don't believe what every history books says." Aurora said, narrowing his eyes at Elise. Selene was so used to his cold attitude that she glared back at the annoying man. "Those children thought they were first just because they came to earth first."