Chapter 13

I looked in the mirror once I pulled up. Nothing too bad; my face was intact and I guess that was enough. I fixed my hair and got out.

"Stay here" I told Nate.

"And how do you plan on getting us a room?" He remarked.

"Oh, instead maybe you should go in with your bloody, broken hands and no shirt and get us a room". He closed the door and I went to the front desk.

"Can I get one double queen-bed room please?" I ask

"Id?" The receptionist asked. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Look, I'll give you $200 for your best room. No id, no questions." I layed to money on the counter looking into her eyes. She searched mine and turned to grab a key. "Thank you" I smiled grabbing the key and heading back to the car.

"I got it" I smirked. Nate's eyes grew bigger in astonishment.

"But how-" he began to ask, but I cut him off.

"No questions. Just help me get everyone and everything inside."

I grabbed Briley and carried her on my back, while grabbing the first aid kit. Nate supported Sam on his shoulder and helped him walk, and he grabbed the money and jam jar.

I don't know how we did it, but we managed to get everyone through the lobby and into the elevator without raising any suspicions. A passed out girl, limping/bloody boy, a shirtless/wrapped up boy and me wandering through the hotel and no questions asked. I guess the lady stuck by her word.

We got to the top floor and into our room, so I jumped right in. Nate got in the shower while I worked on Briley. I cleaned her cuts and bruises, fixed her clothes, and layed her on the bed.

Next I had to help Sammy. He would be the hardest because of his shot wounds. I helped him into the chair and started with the shot on his side. I poured rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and cleaned around it, before handing him a towel.

"You'll need it" I said, and he took the hint. "Okay, 1...2...3..." I said before pouring the alcohol directly onto his wound. It began fizzing and bubbling and he was fighting to remain calm.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. I knew there was nothing I could do differently but I felt bad.

Nate stepped out of the shower in nothing but a towel around his lower half. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying the view. Unfortunately my enjoyment was cut short when he noticed me looking. He winked at me and I looked away blushing. I finished wrapping Sammy's wounds and told him he could take a shower.

"Okay dr. Katie, your next patient is here" he joked.

"Your lucky I took a nursing class last year" I laughed, "or else we'd all die of infection".

"I guess I am lucky" he smirked. I cleaned his cuts and bruises and wrapped his wrist with a brace I found in the trunk earlier.

Just as I finished, Briley shifted and sat up.

"What happened?" She asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Well, the police came so we left, which was stupid because we were mostly innocent in all of this but anyways," I directed the last part towards Nate, "we stopped at a hotel to clean everyone up, we'll be headed back on the road to New York by tomorrow" I summed up.

"Ugh I need to smoke" he sighed hold her head in her hands. I knew it was alot for her to take in, and I felt kind of bad for her. She stepped outside and a nearly naked Sammy came out of the bathroom and followed her.

"Come lay with me lil mama" Nate said now that it was just the two of us. I walked to the bed and sat at the edge, but he took me in his arms and fell down on the bed.

"I can't thank you enough for being so brave." He whispered into my ear.

"You were just as brave Nate. You handled this all really well. Look at you, you haven't even smoked yet since we became delinquents." I laughed.

"Your right. I've got you and that's all I need. If I were to lose you, I might as well turn myself in" he held me tighter.

"I'd never leave you and that's a promise. We're in this together. Look at us, we're partners in crime" I turned to face him. He kissed my nose and I shut my eyes, falling asleep in his arms.