Chapter 17

"You're under arrest for first degree murder" The police lady told me as she violently pinned me to the ground, tightening the handcuffs to my wrists.

"No, this isnt right. He tried to rape me. It was self defense" i pleaded. She didnt respond, but threw me into the back of the car. I tried to find Nate or Sammy or Briley, but it was blurry in every direction except forward. Next thing i knew i was at the station being questioned.

"Why did you kill him?" the man asked me.

"I didnt" I replied.

"You shot and killed him."
"No, Nate shot him. He was about to rape me." i begged for him to listen to me.

"Then where is this 'Nate'?" I looked around the room. There was a whole audience behind me and Kian's parents where to the right of me; a sobbing mother and father with murder in his eyes. "Katie" the judge called. My eyes averted back to him. "Where's Nate?" 

"I don't know" At that moment the father stood up and walked towards me. As he reached me, he lifted his hand and struck my face.

"Why did you kill my son?" The father asked.

"I- didnt" I begged through sobs. Another cold hand struck my face.

"Katie" the judge called. "where's Nate?"

"where's Nate?" I repeated, looking through the room. Another blow contacted my face and I felt myself losing consciousness.

"Katie" The judge repeated, "I'm right here"...

I jolted up in the back of the car, comforted by Nate's embrace.

"I'm right here." he consoled, rubbing circles around my arm. I looked up at him in relief. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah," i replied, shifting positions, "I dreamed we got caught and I dont know... I was in court I think and his parents were there and i tried telling the judge it wasnt first degree murder and that i didnt do it, but the father wasn't convinced and he was beating me and the judge kept asking me where you were but i didnt know where you were". The circles he was making with his fingers got bigger and he began running his fingers through my hair.

"It's okay lil mama, I'm right here. Im not leaving. Ever. And i won't let them take you in no matter what. I'm here" he kept repeating the last two words.
"I need air" I said feeling dizzy.

"You're in luck. We're here" he said pointing out the window. I looked up to see lights already breaking through the dusk.

"Where here..." i replied. Id never been to Vegas. It looked just like the pictures and the movies, totally surreal. "Nate?" I asked.

"Hm?" he responded.

"We're in Vegas"

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" he smirked and winked at me.

aweee shittt guys what am i doing with life (;