Chapter 8. almonds

His lust for his guilty desire increased as his sanity decreased, leaving nothing but an empty sloth in his memory of events that could have happened during the week. He couldn't remember if he washed his clothes, if he swept his floors, if he sorted his cabinets or filtered the water.

He would sit and stare at the wall for hours as he waited for something, a mere speck of a thought, an idea, a creation to cross his mind. It was empty, like his stomach that hasn't gotten a real meal in a few days.

He worked relentlessly on cases to switch up his ideas, hoping for something to pop up to provide a sense of releif to his raging urges. He's always wondered what smokers meant when they said quitting is hard, but now he does.

He killed not one, but two people in 3 months. One was definitely 2nd degree- not planned, but went through with it anyway. The second one being first degree, fully planned and intended, no guilt felt from it.

He didn't understand how he got a high from this. Was it the adrenaline rush he felt as he knew how wrong this was? Or was it the glimmer of fear in the victim's eyes as their life slowly faded from this world? He didn't know.

And so, he concluded it was his dopamine; the one drug that made him happy and pleased with what he's done. His mind worked in a sick way of creating dopamine for watching one of the same kind die by his hand- considered insanity, yet he denied it.

He knew he needed to kill again, but this time, he didn't want to risk getting Iwaizumi mixed in to this. He only realized afterwards that if the woman didn't eat both cupcakes, that could have been dangerous for his friend, since he made the cupcakes. Oikawa simply added cyanide to the cherry jelly, one grinded pit each.

So this time, he searched on cyanide at a library computer, not wanting to make himself seem suspicious to look it up on his phone. With a little research, he learned that it smelled like almonds when freshly ingested.

And so, his next plan was going to be a little bit more complex than the last, yet similar in a way. He waited for a desperate case to pop, as always. He prepared his plan, making sure to take care of all the things that could backfire. He baked a goodie himself to avoid looking suspicious.

·°.•*★*•.°·

He decided to meet his client in his office, the first part of his plan. He held the small meeting as planned, purposely at the end of his work hours, where less people were around. He kept his baked good- a chocolate and almond cupcake with almond filling and chocolate frosting - in his large bag, which had his workout attire in.

He planned to go to the gym that evening as an aliby just in case. The numerous surveillance cameras there wouldn't lie if he ever got caught.

The second part of the plan was to walk out of the building in which his office was in with the client- talking of whatever subject they were in. He needed to successfully walk the man to his car without seeming suspicious.

Surprisingly it was easier than it seemed. The man was completely oblivious to the fact Oikawa was in fact following him to his car as he spoke, deep into the conversation. The man was going on about the new gadget that came out, trendy among younger people these days.

The third part was to offer the man the baked good as a gift from working with Oikawa. He was sure this would not backfire, since he learned that the man loved sweets. In fact, he would often carry various candy and candy bars, baked goods or chocolate to snack on durring meetings.

The client accepted without hesitation. He bid Oikawa goodbye and got into his car, pulling out of the parking lot and driving off. Oikawa headed back to his car, heading straight for the gym.

Now there was two possible endings to this clients life, according to Oikawa and his plan. Either he would eat the muffin as he drove, resulting in death while driving and most likely a car accident, either when the body is found, could be declared as death by high blood sugar.

He knew there could be many more, but those two were most likely. He was disappointed he couldn't watch that glimmer of fear in the man's eyes, but boy did he like the adrenaline rush he had, just thinking of the man being dead already.

·°.•*★*•.°·

The client Oikawa killed, Kiyoya Katsuki, was evicted from his appartement for suspection of illegal activities like the making of crystal meth and possible human trafficking.

The cops were on duty one day, these ones waljing around with a K9 just as an inspection of the area they were assigned that day. The K9 dragged the two policemen to a nearby trashcan, soon to hop in it as it seemed to look for something.

That immediately alarmed the men as the dog could find something rather important, and it did. Traces and small pieces of crystal meth were found in rags and papers in a certain bag, immediately contacting the landlord for information on every habitant of the appartement complex.

They quickly mentioned Kiyoya to often have people over, but always seeming different. Some would even stay for a few nights, and during that time the neighbors would complain about the noise.

With a search warrant, they finally got to see for themselves the man in question, midway through making his drugs as a womand sat on the couch crying, her arms and legs being taped.

When the man explained the awkward situation, he claimed they were doing roleplay, but that didn't explain the drugs. So further research was done to finally realize that he in fact, was in human trafficking as he seemed to be there to keep the "merchandise" in check and surveillance as it was getting negociated on what price they were worth.

Now it may seem unethical to kill - especially planned - it being the worst crime for man kind. But Oikawa believes that his reasons are valid and justified.

But doesn't that technically make him just as bad as the people he killed? Or does a cold blooded criminal like him deserve a better title than the other scumbags? It was a question he pondered about to himself now.