chapter 5- what's happening

pov: lexie

when i woke up bailey was looking at my chart. i saw films of my legs on the wall and one of my arm next to it. "dr. bailey? what happened?" i asked. it came out louder than i expected, though my throat was sore.
"dr. grey, you're awake. well you were in a plane crash and suffered from some serious crush injuries. we had to amputate your left leg and it's possible we have to amputate your other leg. your right arm was broken in several places but it should be healed very soon. any other questions?" dr. bailey informed me.
"you had to cut off my leg? like actually, you're not joking around?" i asked. i was devastated, i mean how could i be a surgeon with no legs? dr. bailey bit her bottom lip.
"sadly, yes we did. we really tried but dr. torres did it to save your life. there was no other way, i'm so sorry dr- um lexie."

pov: mark

"lexie and arizona both lost a leg, and lexie may lose the other. you suffered serious injuries dealing with your heart, cristina had a dislocated elbow and she's also gone cuckoo, meredith has ptsd and insomnia, and derek had a badly broken hand," callie told me.
"lexie lost her leg?" i asked. "um callie, i need to be there for her. can you take me to her room?"
"no mark. you're too unstable to move. i would if i could," she replied.
"oh ok. well i'm really tired, i think i'm just gonna rest," i said and then i dozed off to sleep.