chapter 10- what do i do

pov: mark

"i broke up with julia lexie. we can be together," i told her. she just stood there gaping at me. "lexie? please say something." she was still silent. after a few seconds she leaned in and kissed me.
"you broke up with her? for real?" she said, tears forming in her eyes.
"yeah i did."

pov: lexie

this was the best news i've ever gotten. e actually broke up with julia. he broke up with her... for me. "lexie say something!" he pleaded. i kissed him.
"i love you. i love you so much... but i can't do this right now. meet me at joe's tonight," i told him. then i ran back to O.R. 1 to help dr. shepherd.

"dr. grey! so glad you could rejoin us," derek said as i entered the O.R. "we're actually about to close, wanna take over?"
"absolutely!" i cheered. i closed up the patients skull and scrubbed out. "hey derek, i need you to be my big brother for a second."
"okay... hit me," he replied.
"mark broke up with julia and he wants to get back together. do you think i should?" i asked. he laughed.
"i'm gonna tell you the same thing i told mark when he asked me what to do about you, you're good for each other! be together for crying out loud," he exclaimed.
"thanks derek," i replied. now to find mark.