chapter 15- trust the process

pov: mark

"lex... i know you hate the idea but, we have to buy the hospital," i told her calmly, hoping she wouldn't get mad and run off.
"i'm in! bailey is gonna leave if we don't do something. we have to do something!" she rambled on. we called everyone to our apartment.

"we have to buy the hospital. it's come to the point where... we don't have a choice!" lexie yelled.
"okay but why? why would we want to do that? why would we bankrupt ourselves to save a hospital?" arizona questioned.
"bailey is gonna quit and go somewhere else. we can't just lay low and keep our heads down while miranda bailey, the person who taught almost all of us in this room something that benefited our lives, has threatened to leave!" she screamed. the room went silent.
"well, i'm in," meredith spoke up.
"me too," derek said in turn. callie and arizona looked at one another and smiled.
"we're in too!" they exclaimed.

pov: lexie

in the next few weeks we put a lot of effort into buying the hospital. we went from investor to investor but they all turned us down. they said we needed leadership.
"what about webber?" meredith suggested.
"we quit our jobs, what would it look like if we all barged in there?" callie asked.
"i'll go. just me and cristina you can get owen. he can stall the board and make them wait." meredith answered.
"sounds good to me," i said. everyone else nodded. meredith and cristina then left and the rest of us stayed in callie and arizona's apartment.

"okay, we're back!" meredith called out as she, cristina, richard, and owen walked through the door. we filled the two newbies in and richard immediately got on the phone.
"who are you texting?" derek asked.
"catherine. no offense, but you're never gonna get a big investor like this guy. she's already asked once but this could really work," he replied. his phone rang, it was catherine. he walked into the hall and was out there for a while before coming back in.
"well... we have ourselves an investor!" he exclaimed. we all cheered.
"we gotta go stop pegasus," owen reminded us and we quickly got in our cars and went to the hospital.

pov: mark

"we own a hospital," lexie whispered.
"yeah we have for a while now... are you ok?" i asked, concerned.
"yeah, no... i'm fine. it's just really surprising." she paused. "we own a hospital." i laughed.
"yeah. i guess we do."