chapter 37- fight or flight

pov: lexie

i sat in the closet praying someone would walk in soon. there was blood on my face, it felt like it was coming from my nose. i tried to speak, but only quiet noises came out. on the other side of the door i heard meredith, alex, and cristina talking. i moved my arm and banged on the door as hard as i could.
"do you hear that?" i heard alex say.
"it's coming from the closet," meredith replied. i heard footsteps come over to the door. then it opened and alex, meredith, and cristina were standing there.
"she beat me up, mer," i croaked.
"get a gurney and page sloan!" alex yelled.

flashback- pov: lexie

i was standing in the supply closet getting some gauze for my patient's head. i had almost gotten enough when i heard the door open behind me. "so you guys are married?" julia asked. i whipped my head around.
"y-yes," i gulped.
"you know i told myself i was gonna be professional today. i thought that if i was professional i wouldn't be mad, but i still am," she smirked. then she started to attack me. "he doesn't love you. he's a liar!" she yelled. although now looking back i don't think she was yelling, it just sounded like she was. then she stopped and walked out the door.

i dragged myself over to the door. that way, if someone did come in there they'd see me instantly. i could feel myself slipping away. this feeling was nothing new, it felt similar to the plane crash. at least then mark was there.

pov: mark

i was running around the hospital, looking in every possible place lexie could be. what if she was dead. then i heard my pager beep. 4th floor nurses' station; 911. the page was from meredith. i sprinted to the elevator and pressed the 4. once it opened i saw a crying meredith, a worried alex, and cristina hovering over someone checking their heartbeat. then meredith and i made eye contact. she motioned for me to come over quickly.

once i got there i saw cristina checking lexie's pulse. "what the hell happened?!" i screamed. cristina looked at me.
"she said something before she passed out," she started.
"well what did she say?" i asked, worried.
"she said, "she beat me up, mer." do you have any idea who she could be?" cristina asked. i looked at lexie. she barely even looked like lexie.
"yeah. i think i do," i stated. "call 911 and page amelia shepherd, jackson avery, and richard webber!" i yelled.
"she's got a broken femur. page torres while you're at it!" cristina yelled.
"you two need to get out of here," alex started pushing meredith and i.
"stay with her cristina!" meredith yelled. cristina nodded.