chapter 7- working

time jump- arizona and lexie are going back to work and the new interns are coming today

pov: lexie

"how're you feeling mrs. chief resident!?" meredith asked me before the new interns arrived.
"umm good i guess," i replied. i looked over to the nurses station and saw mark grabbing a chart. meredith noticed and said something.
"come on lexie, he's with julia. you need to move on. you could screw an intern if you wanted to!" she walked away laughing.

i didn't want to screw an intern. i want to screw mark sloan, no i want a life with mark sloan. maybe meredith is right, maybe i do need to move on. whatever i decide to do has to wait because here are the new interns.

"okay if your name is jo wilson, heather brookes, stephanie edwards, shane ross, or leah murphy, come with me," i called out as i walked into the intern locker room.
"i'm dr. grey. i'm your resident supervisor as well as your chief resident..." i then remembered what cristina said on my first day. "i have five rules memorize them, rule number one don't bother sucking up i already hate you that's not gonna change..." i continued on and stopped at rule number four, i wanted to see if they were paying attention.
"uhh you said 5 rules, that was only 4," a young intern in the back said. it was jo wilson, from that moment i knew she'd make a great surgeon.
"rule number 5, when i move you move," i recited.

pov: mark

"hey derek! i really need your advice," i told derek as he stepped out of the elevator.
"walk with me," he responded. so i did. we walked around the hospital and i told him exactly what i needed help with.
"i'm still with julia, but i really don't wanna be. i want to be with lexie you know? but i can't do that to julia, i can't hurt her like that after everything she did for me. what should i do?"

derek stared at me. "i think you should break up with julia. i'm only saying ty at because lexie is my sister and i love her. she really misses you, mark. you need to be with her," he said. i was truly shocked.
"she misses me? derek does she know i'm with julia?" derek nodded.
"oh she knows."