chapter 12- meeting

pov: mark

"as we go around the table we need you all to describe any physical or emotional pain you suffered through your recovery. cristina, we're gonna start with you," the lawyer explained.
"ummm... my shoulder hurts sometimes and i suffered some pretty severe ptsd. other than that i'm... fine," she reluctantly replied. then meredith went.
"my hip hurts a lot and i get nightmares sometimes."
then derek. "i can't operate. my hand is always hurting and i can't do the one thing i'm good at." as we went around the table it got harder and harder not to just get up and walk out. arizona could barely stake her claims without crying.

pov: lexie

"uh- it's really hard to walk. my leg- my leg is gone and the prosthetic pinches. oh and i have phantom limb nightmares a lot," arizona managed to say in between the tears.
"okay... dr. lexie grey?" the lawyer asked, looking over to me.
"like arizona said, my leg hurts and the prosthetic pinches. i still have some ptsd and insomnia. both my legs hurt sometimes," i told them. they scribbled in their notebooks and didn't say a word. it was intimidating and making me crazy. the lawyer then looked to mark.

"it's hard to run and sometimes it hurts to touch the incision. i also have some pretty terrible ptsd and nightmares." mark looked like he was about to cry.
"okay well thank you all. this is going to help you win... oh and one more thing. we found the hospital negligent. they put you on the plane and-" derek cut her off.
"the chief put us on that plane. he's to blame here, that's basically what you're saying right?" everyone turned to look at him.
"well dr. shepherd it's a little more complicated than that. he made the decision" he cut her off again.
"he put us on that plane!"
"okay we're done here. you all may go," the lawyer said and we all left.