chapter 20- growing

pov: mark

it's been a few weeks since the wedding. we honeymooned in hawaii and we had a TON of sex. i was laying in bed in the middle of the night when i felt lexie get up. she sprinted to the bathroom and vomited, several times. this has been happening many times the last few nights and i'm starting to get concerned. i fell back asleep but never heard her come back to bed.

the next morning i woke up and lexie still wasn't in our bed. i thought she'd probably gone to work early to study for her boards (they're in two weeks), so i walked into the bathroom to shower. "lexie? what the hell!" i yelled as i saw her sitting on the bathroom floor. her head jerked from the toilet, where it'd been resting.
"w-where am i?" she stuttered.
"on the bathroom floor. did you sleep here?" i asked, very concerned.
"i guess i did," she muttered. she stood up and started to get ready for work.
"woah. woah. woah. there's no way you're going to work today! we can call in sick and study for your boards," i told her. she nodded and went to lay down.

pov: lexie

i got out my phone to text meredith. i think i'm pregnant, mer. what! does mark know? no, not yet. i don't even know if i'm pregnant yet and i don't wanna get his hopes up. he's going to the hospital to check on some patients, could you bring me a test while he's gone? sure. be there in 20.

what if mark doesn't want another kid? he already has sofia, what if that's all he wants? then he walks out of the bathroom. "hey! i'm going to the hospital to check on my patients and then i'll probably go to the store, do you want anything?"
"chocolate ice cream," i answered. i guess this was some weird pregnancy craving, if i was even pregnant, because i normally don't like chocolate ice cream.
"uh okay. be back in like an hour! love you," he kissed me on the forehead and left.

meredith got here about 5 minutes later with a box of pregnancy tests. "wow, you're prepared," i joked.
"take multiple to make sure it's accurate," she replied. i took 3 tests into the bathroom. after a few minutes i brought them out to look. "i haven't looked at them yet, i'm just a little scared," i told her.
"alright, well let's take a look," meredith said grabbing the tests from my hand. "congrats momma! you're pregnant!" she exclaimed. this is so exciting!
"how should i tell mark?" i asked.