chapter 28- protection

pov: lexie

after the activities it was time for the gender reveal. i was so nervous. jo and derek brought two poppers and handed one to each of us. they counted down. "three... two... one!" mark and i pulled the string and released the powder. mine was pink and his was blue.
"it's a boy and a girl!" i squealed. i hugged mark and kissed. "xander and caroline!" i laughed.
"it's perfect!" mark laughed too.

pov: mark

this is perfect. i've always wanted a son and i love having a daughter and now i get both! i can already see lexie being a great mother, i mean she's already a good mother figure to sofia. it's a given that she'll be a great mother to her own blood.

time jump- one month later pov still mark

lexie's 28 weeks along and i don't know if i can wait much longer. she's decided to have the baby naturally but every time i look at her i'm reminded of callie. i remember the car crash and how i almost lost both my kid and my best friend. it's gotten so bad that i only let her near a car so that i can drive her to work. "mark, this is excessive and overprotective. i know you're scared, but i'm not gonna get in a-" she was cut off by a car running right into my side of the car.