chapter 35- i love you

pov: mark

arizona walked towards meredith, derek, and i with a disappointed look on her face. "she had a lot of bleeding. we did everything we could" meredith cut her off.
"she's dead?!"
"she wanted me to tell you that she loves you all. mark she wanted me to tell you that you're the best thing that ever happened to her. meredith, she said you're a great sister. derek, she wanted me to thank you for being her mentor, brother, and her cupid. she loved all of you," arizona was sobbing now. "i'm so sorry! i tried to keep her alive. i tried so hard." i pulled her in and hugged her.
"she's really gone?" i whimpered.
"yeah, mark. she's really gone," she weaped.

pov: lexie

"no! lexie you can't die! i need you! xander and caroline, we all need you!" i heard mark yell. i shook him awake.
"mark! mark i'm okay. i'm alive. we're all okay!" he looked at me. "it was just a dream. i'm okay. are you alright?"
"yeah. it was just a nightmare," he sighed.
"that's the fifth time this week, you should talk to someone," i stroked his hair.
"no it's okay. i'm fine. they're only nightmares," he smiled, and then cries came from the baby monitor.
"i've got it. you're not supposed to be walking just yet," mark grunted as sat up and went to the babies' room. through the monitor i heard the crying stop and mark comforting them. "hey there. your mama is super tired of waking up to three screaming people in the middle of the night. let's make an effort to stay asleep."

pov: mark

the nightmares aren't just nightmares. i have daydreams of the same thing. sometimes i even see her dead body. it happens during surgery, consults, and obviously at night. i don't tell lexie about any of it because she'd just tell me to get help. i don't know if this can be helped. she almost died, again.

"so i've been thinking a lot," lexie started.
"well thinking is good. you should always think," i laughed.
"no i mean about us. our family. we need a house mark. we need a bigger place," she smiled.
"really? you're being serious?" i exclaimed from the kitchen.
"yeah i am," she called back.
"well i've been waiting for you to bring it up. do you remember that house we drove past that you said reminded you of a disney princess cottage?" i asked.
"you mean the one with a garden and brick walls and the beautiful exterior? yeah of course i remember!" she cheered.
"it's for sale. we can go look at it tomorrow if you want," i replied.
"oh my god are you serious!?" she yelled. i nodded. "i love you!" she kissed me and hugged me tightly.
"we're gonna buy a house!" i exclaimed.
"yeah. it's a dream come true," she whispered back. and she's right. this really is a dream come true.