chapter 27- coping

pov: lexie

"my leg really hurts," i told jo and meredith at lunch. "it's just been really sore lately and i don't know what to do. probably has to do with the pregnancy."
"well you have a day off tomorrow because it's your baby shower! we're planning it all, so you just get to relax," jo comforted me. "something to look forward to."

"hey callie i have a question," i asked when i saw her in the hallway.
"what is it grey?" she questioned.
"could you take a look at my leg? it really hurts, but only call mark if it's necessary," i told her. we walked into the on-call room and she took off my prosthetic.
"it's just sore. the pregnancy has something to do with it but you need to put less weight on it. if you do that and the pain gets worse, contact me immediately, but you're good to go for now grey," she smiled.

pov: mark

"hey uh wilson, could you please tell me the gender? i know you know," i begged.
"sorry sloan. you're gonna have to figure it out just the same as lexie," she laughed.
"come onnn. the baby shower is in 2 hours. just tell me," i pleaded.
"nope!" she walked away.

i walked into the conference room where we'd be hosting the baby shower. meredith, cristina, jo, and april were setting up decorations. lexie was sitting on the couch. i sat down beside her. "only 45 minutes until the shower starts!" she exclaimed.
"you're really excited about this huh?" i laughed. she punched my arm.
"of course i am! aren't you?" she asked. i nodded.
"if it's important to you it's important to me," i replied.