1

"Luke! Sarah's at the door!" I heard my mother shout from downstairs.

I groaned and turned around in bed to get a hold of my phone that was lying on my messy bedside table. I pressed the home button to check the time and to see that it was 11:48 AM, way too early for a Wednesday on your summer break. I also saw that I had 3 missed calls from Sarah and she had also sent me one long text saying she would be on her way to my house soon and that she hoped I was ready. Ready for what?

I had also multiply messengers from my friends in our group chat that I had totally ignored when I went to sleep early in the morning because when you have no school, you change the hours on the clock. Nighttime is way more fun to be up than daytime.

When I was reading through what Calum and Michael was arguing about in the group chat, my bedroom door opened and in came my girlfriend.

"Luke, are you serious right now? Why are you still in bed? Why aren't you dressed? We are leaving in like 20 minutes you know" she said and folded her arms while looking at me.

I lay still in bed looking at her like my whole face was a big question mark. I took a quick look at her up and down noticing she had a loose shirt on and ripped jeans shorts. She had a pair of low white converse and her hair was curled and her makeup was done to perfection, which made me wonder why she was so dressed up and.... 'makedup'.

"Luke? Hello?" she said and waved a hand in front of my face which made me look her in the eyes, still looking like a question mark though.

"What?" I said. My voice low and dry, showing her I had just woken up.

"You forgot what we were going to do today, am I right?" she sighed and looked at me. She didn't look mad though, she could never get mad at me.

I thought back to previous conversations with Sarah to quickly remember what the hell she was talking about but I had no idea. I sat up in bed and looked at her again.

"Yeah" I said and smiled innocently. She looked me in my eyes for a few seconds before cracking a smile and shook her head. She made her way over to me and sat down in my lap. I gladly let her.

"You're hopeless" she chuckled and caressed my cheek with one of her hands. She leaned in and placed her pretty pink lips on mine. The kiss lasted for a moment before she pulled away as we smiled to each other.

"If that's what I'm gonna get every time I'm hopeless I'll gladly take it" I said and leaned in again. She pushed me away and got out of my lap, laughing.

"No, you have morning breath Luke. And you have to get ready" she said smiling sweetly as she sat down on my desk chair.

"Pff, I'm always minty" I said as I stood up from my bed. "So, get ready for what exactly?" I walked over to my closet and opened it waiting for her response.

She sighed and chuckled again before answering. "Don't you remember when I asked you about two days ago if you were on for a double date with my best friend Kelly and her boyfriend?" I just shrugged as to answer her question.

"Oh well, you said yes and today is the day!" she said. Oh yeah, now I remember. She asked me that over the phone in the middle of an intense play station battle between me and Michael. The only thing I could do was to answer her fast so Michael wouldn't beat me. I guess I answered yes then.

"Oh yeah, right" I said, trying my best to sound enthusiastic. "Kelly's cool, who's her boyfriend?"

I started looking through my wardrobe for something casual because, damn, this wasn't something major to get ready for.

"Yeah, it's nice that you two like each other. And she and her boyfriend have been together for years. He's two years older than us"

I nodded while pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans; it's quite the struggle to be honest. "What's he like?" I asked trying to get some perspective out of this guy, because I am now forced to hang out with my girlfriend, her best friend and him this whole day and I need to know who I have to deal with. If it seems like he sucks, I can have Michael or Calum fake an emergency so I can get out of this early.