12

PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER BEFORE THIS, IT’S ABOUT A NEW STORY I’M PROBABLY STARTING SOON. I NEED YOU OPINIONS.

-       -       -

My consciousness slowly got back to me as I woke up from my deep slumber by a soft voice talking. After a few seconds I recognized the voice as Ashton’s.

“I know that” Ashton spoke and I didn’t know if he was talking to himself, someone else or me. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times to get them working before seeing the empty spot in front of me. I frowned and turned my head, seeing Ashton sitting at the foot of my bed with his back facing me.

“I know, and I’m sorry for that” he said in a hushed tone as he spoke into the phone that was pressed against his ear.

I kept quiet, pretending to be asleep so I could listen to his conversation. I mean, it couldn’t really be a secret conversation if he didn’t even leave the room for it. 

“Kelly, listen to me” Ashton sighed and I tensed up. Should I really listen to him and his girlfriend fighting over the phone? I thought about it until I heard my own name being called in the conversation and I decided to listen extra carefully.

“Luke is my friend, Kelly, so is Michael and Calum. I haven’t had a friend like him in.. forever. Don’t make me look like a bad guy in this just because I have made friends” Ashton snapped, raising his voice just a bit to prove his point.

“You upset me last night, I upset you. You know if we had that date, it would’ve been a disaster” Ashton whispered soon after. I heard a quiet voice from Ashton’s phone speaking back to him. He let his hand comb through his hair that he had now let out from the hair tie and he sighed quietly.

“It’s okay, I’m not mad” he said with a soft voice. “And I love you too, always will. You know that”

I could feel my heart sink in my stomach. I had never really heard him say that to her, at least not since I have fallen for Ashton myself, and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like hearing the boy I’m falling for, telling his girlfriend he loves her. That’s not fair, he’s naked in my bed right now, it’s not right.

He kept talking to his girlfriend in a quiet tone and mumbled small sweet apologies into the phone and I could feel my insides burning. I was jealous. I had never been jealous within love, and I was happy I hadn’t because this was awful. It wasn’t like normal jealousy, this was ten times worse.

This boy in front of me was mine, or at least I wanted him to be. No, he will be.

I slowly sat up from my lying position and stretched my limbs. Ashton turned around to look at me up and down before smiling big. He kept talking to his girlfriend and I felt the jealousy in me take over. I slowly crawled over to Ashton and sat down behind him. Ashton looked at me with over his shoulder, smiling lightly while giving me a look of confusion.

“Mhm, that sounds good” Ashton spoke into the phone while watching my every move.

I drew my hands up and down his bare back as he kept mumbling stuff I didn’t care about to his girlfriend. I let my arms go around his so my hands found his chest and let my warm hand caress his soft tan skin. I could hear him sigh contently by my touch while talking on the phone and I smirked small.

I leaned in and placed the tip of my nose on the back of his neck, breathing in deeply, taking in his amazing natural scent. I let my hands caress him as I placed my lips on his neck and planted butterfly kisses from his neck to his shoulder, then back to his neck and other shoulder. I could feel him shiver under my touch and the smirk grew bigger.