Chapter Eight

Rose, Arisu and Usagi stayed together as much as possible over the following days. They slept in the same room, always travelled in a group and tried not to go anywhere alone but tonight they had no choice.

One of the militants arrived at her door advising they all had to play tonight and with the Beaches way of dividing groups they were separated i8nto different groups.

Rose's leg was getting better each day and she was now able to walk fairly well with only a little pain. Thankfully it was just in time.

They stood together in the lobby as Hatter gave some speech about winning for him and blah, blah, blah.

"We're all in separate games" Usagi pointed out, it wasn't the worst thing – she still had a fear that one day she might be pitted against one of her closest friends. Who would win was a question she didn't like to spend much time thinking about.

"Just come back ok" Arisu said to both the girls beside him. Rose nodded, clearing her mind. She had no intention of dying tonight.

Rose watched the crowds as the other two disappeared, she looked to the executive members that stood atop the balcony while the militant members stood off to the side looking menacing. She was used to the feeling of eyes on her by now. Scanning the room, she saw that the eyes burning into her were Niragi's. She raised her brow in a silent question, he smirked in return, sticking his tongue out suggestively. She rolled her eyes; this had become like a game to them over the past few days.

Since arriving at the beach she had kept a low profile, not wanting to mingle amongst the crowd of drunken idiots. That also meant her path hadn't crossed Niragi's yet, whenever they saw each other he tried to make his way to her but was always pulled away before he made it.

She wasn't sure how it would go if he ever did catch up with her.

Rose found it rather amusing that even when she was right there, he still couldn't have her.

She headed towards the car with the same number as her sheet of paper, to her surprise she saw a certain blonde standing by the vehicle.

"Hi there" she smiled walking up to him, he turned to her with a smirk on his lips.

"Lollipop girl" he greeted, and she rolled her eyes.

"You're with this group?" he raised an eyebrow; her question was redundant considering he was standing by the car.

"I'm here to test you, see if your worth making an executive" it was Rose's turn to raise a brow.

"Do I have any choice in the matter?"

"The matter of me being in the same game or becoming an executive?" his voice was plain and bored.

"Both I guess, I don't like playing games with people I know and executive sounds boring" Rose answered him and he just shrugged.

"Hatters been interested in you for a long time, he's not going to let you out of his sight now that he finally has you" Rose groaned before climbing into the car, Chishiya climbing in beside her.

They sat in silence on the drive, the other players talking animatedly.

Due to the overcrowding of the car she was squished against Chishiya and leaned into him to make herself more comfortable. He tensed under her before relaxing, clearly not a fan of physical contact.

Rose readied herself for the game, the last 2 had been disappointing, but she was ready to enjoy a game again.

Arriving at an empty warehouse she quickly got out of the car walking inside. Chishiya followed not far behind while the other beach players stuck together laughing obnoxiously loud.