Chapter Sixteen

The lobby filled with people ready for another night of games. Rose watched as people split into groups a contagious excitement running though them -Rose stood on her own watching the expressions around her, mixtures of fear, anticipation, excitement – hers was relaxed. She was going into her next game with a clear mind and satisfied thanks to Niragi.

Hatters rambled on as he usually did, the only difference tonight was him joining the games. Rose rolled her eyes, it always amazed her how charismatic people could spin whatever they wanted and still get a dedicated following. During tonight's game she knew she would need to have her wits about her – after telling him to play with expendable people he had chosen her. He may just try to kill her in this game, she wasn't sure why he disliked her so much when he had worked so hard to get her here but it wasn't her problem. She was coming back tonight.

"You ready?" Rose turned lazily to the side and saw Kuina with her fake cigarette.

"Guess so, you playing tonight?" Kuina shook her head.

"I've got another two days before I have to play. I need to make it home so I'm not going to overdo it" Rose laughed and Kuina shot her a confused look.

"You know when I was on my own I played a game every night until I got injured. I never had an issue with it but now I think Hatter is going to keep putting me into games. Somehow it's not as fun when It's not my choice."

"Your crazy woman, but I think your right about Hatter putting you into games" Kuina said watching their leader with a quizzical gaze.

"What are you planning?" Rose asked narrowing her eyes, Kuina gave her a side glace.

"Come find me when you get back yeah? I know Chishiya wants to see you too, never seen him take such an interest in someone before" Rose laughed again, that couldn't be true.

"Where is he?" Rose asked unable to wipe the smile from her face. Niragi was good especially in bed so far but her and Chishiya had unfinished business that she wanted to collect on.

"Lurking around here somewhere I'm sure" Kuina quickly scanned the crows, finally she found him on the balcony above them watching Hatter with a smirk. Kuina nudges Rose and pointed up so she spotted him as well.

Feeling eyes on him he looked down and saw Rose watching him.

She was now in leggings and a jumper that was undone at the front exposing her chest and stomach. He couldn't help but think back to when he had her topless on top of him. The smirk on her face told him she was remembering their make-out as well. She blew him a kiss as Hatter concluded the speech and started for the cars.

Chishiya was too busy watching Rose disappearing into the crowds that he didn't notice Niragi staring daggers at him across the room.

Kuina wished Rose luck as the girl jumped into Hatters convertible. Leaning back she let herself get into game mode, the usual excitement for the games creeping over her but to be honest she was excited about coming back too.

Finally they made it out of the crowds and into the city heading for the closest game arena. Hatter calmed and some of his mask dropped – most wouldn't have noticed but Rose could. Maybe that's why he disliked her, he couldn't charm her – she saw through his bullshit.

"Your job in this game is to keep me alive" he said quiet enough that the two in the front wouldn't hear.

"You'll be fine, you've survived this long without me" she replied watching the scenery, something cold was dropped into her lap – looking down she saw a handgun and her knife, her confused gaze went to Hatter.

"I will make you a militant back at the beach if you like but your job is to protect me in any games we attend understand. If something happens to me the other executives have their orders which include killing you as a traitor" Her eyes showed him how much hatred she was harbouring in that moment. She didn't like when people tried to control or use her.