9) Worry

Word count : 2247
Warnings : cursing, angst with a little bit of fluff.

↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️↕️

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE, Y/N, ARE YOU EVER GOING TO LISTEN TO ME???"

Tony was fuming with anger, throwing his hands in the hair and breathing heavily, while you... Well, you were screwed.

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT LIKE A HERO AND PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER WHEN I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO??"

You lowered your head, biting your lip and accepting the scolding. Recently, although Tony has forbidden you to do that, you still went on a mission, a very dangerous one even, which resulted in you getting hurt.

"I'm sorry, ok? I just... I just wanted to help. I'm fine though, alright? I just got a few scratches, which is completely normal. That's why I'm an Avenger after all." you mumbled quietly, still avoiding his gaze and trying to explain yourself.

Although you were 25, Tony was treating you like a kid, always trying to protect and prevent you from getting hurt, but you couldn't just stay back all the time and watch other people getting hurt, especially when you knew you could do something to help them.

"A few scratches? A FEW FUCKING SCRATCHES, Y/N? YOU HAD FIVE BROKEN RIBS, BEEN SHOT IN THE RIGHT LEG AND YOUR ENTIRE BODY WAS AND STILL IS FULL OF BRUICES, ESPECIALLY YOUR FACE!!!"

Well, damn... He was right. You lost so much blood on the way home and your heart almost stopped beating at some point, which had everyone worried. However, you were ok now, but you knew that Tony was disappointed.

"I'm sorry..." you whispered, your voice cracking. "I didn't mean for that to happen. I swear! I just wanted to prove myself to you and the others. You never let me do anything, so I felt worthless, Tony. I felt like I wasn't good enough and-"

"DON'T FUCKING START WITH THIS SHIT!" he intervened. "YOU COULD HAVE FUCKING DIED, OK? DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT HOW I WOULD HAVE FELT IF THAT SHIT HAD HAPPENED?"

Taking a deep breath, you closed your eyes, trying your best not to break down. You felt disappointed in yourself for screwing things up, but especially for disappointing Tony.

"ANSWER ME, Y/N!" Tony kept on yelling, not noticing how your body started shaking. All he could think about was the day you came back from the mission, full of injuries and barely awake. When you almost died, he felt like his entire world was going to fall apart. He felt guilty for not being there to save and protect you. However, the fear of losing you turned into anger the moment you woke up.

He ignored you for days, knowing that he would snap the moment you would approach him, just like you did today, and as much as he tried to calm himself down, he just couldn't.

"T-Tony, please..." you cried. "Stop yelling. I know what I did was wrong, but I had good intentions."

The billionaire shook his head, biting the inside of his cheek. "You know what? I'm done with you and your childish behaviour. Starting from now on, you're not an Avenger anymore."

Before you could even complain, he turned around and left, without any other glance. Everything that has happened was just too much for him and he couldn't handle seeing you getting hurt ever again.

Sighing, you went to your room and threw yourself on the bed. Tears were soaking your face, but you didn't bother to wipe them away. The thought of leaving the team was encouraging them to keep on falling, but what hurt more, was the fact that Tony hated you. Or at least, that's what it seemed like.