Chapter 8: Confrontation Part 1

"Settle down, settle down!"

Meiko rubs her temples with her thumb frustrated. She had been trying to calm her students as best to her ability all morning. Honestly, controlling kindergarteners were easier than this.

Miku and Rin were whispering nonstop about a letter, at least that's what Meiko has heard. Len and Gakupo were planning pranks, plus throwing the crinkled up paper from across the classroom to the trashcan by the door and fist bumping while saying short 'whoo!'s.

Neru was texting her friends and boyfriend on her amber-color cased iPhone. The noise when she types on the keypad and the 'dings!' that come from an upcoming message are annoying. Teto was jamming to some music while also practicing for her play in two or three weeks. SeeU was looking in the mirror, checking her flaws with a frown on her face. Ever since that rude male student came up and insulted her, she has became self-conscious and insecure.

Meiko was quite amused and shocked that Gumi could've been able to read a Harry Potters' book through all this ruckus. But then again, it's Harry Potter. It has only been a day or two since Meiko had escorted her class to the library for books. It's Wednesday and Gumi's already halfway done with it.

"She must have a lot of free time," Meiko murmurs. Kaito glances up from his paperwork and stares at her, "What?" He asks, concern lacing his voice. Meiko realizes that she spoke out loud and flusters, "N-no! It's nothing. Just talking to my self. Hehehe." She laughs nervously as she rubs the back of her neck. Kaito chuckles and rubs her back soothingly.

The brunette looks into his eyes and regrets it. His blue orbs piercing through her own brown ones. At this point, Meiko feels like she is drowning in them. The moment was short lived as Miku's brother, Mikuo, bursts through the door. The loud slam startling the two co-teachers (Is that even a word?) and the rest of the students.

Mikuo scans through and finds what he's looking for.

Rin.

He practically sprints to her, possibly knocking chairs down with him at the speed he was going. His center of affection stares wide eyed, same with Miku. The best friends' freeze in their positions as Mikuo reaches them. He sends his sister an 'accidental' glare and she squeaks, "okay! You can have her!" The tealette gestures to the blonde, giving her away.

Rin widens her eyes even more but it soon turns into a full-blown glare. She curses at her so-called 'best friend' in her mind. Her gaze then switches back to her other friend and smiles up to him.

"Sup, Mikuo. Want something?" She asks with a huge (Stunning in Mikuo's eyes) grin. His breathe hitches at the adorable sight. Before Rin knew it, he unconsciously grabs her petite wrist. He pulls her through the classroom and into the hallway.

It might not seem like it, but Rin was flustered and completely nervous. Mikuo has never grabbed my wrist like that before. I think I even saw him blushing a little earlier, too. *gasp* What does that mean? Does he like me? As in a girlfriend kind of way?

Wait.

That's impossible. He's handsome, funny, well-built, and tall. I'm just short, annoying, and mischievous...Wow. I can't believe I can say that word in my head but can't say it out loud. Man. I am stupid. Another reason to not like me! *sigh* I sometimes wish I could just-

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when Mikuo started talking. "Hmm? What?" She tilted her head to the side a little, confusion lingering in her eyes. Mikuo, on the other hand, is having trouble restricting from pouncing on her and tightly embracing her body until her lungs die out. His self control was wearing thinner and thinner, making another cute action a fatal attack to his beating heart.

Mikuo closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Once he opens them, he wasn't ready for what happens. Rin. The tomboy. Has her eyes set on puppy form and her lips pursing a little. She was swaying back and forth slowly, waiting for Mikuo to respond. The sight almost killed him, but it wasn't fatal.

He, once again, takes another deep breath. Inhale and exhale. Inhale and exhale. He repeated those same words in his brain over and over again. Once his raging heart was calmer than before, he finally spoke, "Rin," the mentioned female finally stopped her (Cute) actions and faced him.

He mentally sighed and continued, "We need to talk...about something important."

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

Whew! This is part one so I'll put the second one soon. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully.