Chapter 9: Surprise!

"Every. Single. Day," Meiko muttered under her breath.

Kaito heard and looked towards her, "What's wrong, Mei?"

Meiko mentally smiled at the nickname he gave her. With a light blush on her cheeks, she answered, "It's just...they're too rowdy, you know?" She gestured towards the students in the classroom. "Don't get me wrong. I love my students and all, but they just think that when they're in my class, they could just not care about school or their education."

Kaito nodded, "True, true," he stole a glance at the boys who were either flirting or throwing trash balls into the metal bin across the room. The girls, on the other hand, were recovering their flaws with more make-up or trying to act cool by obnoxiously chewing and smacking the gum inside their mouths while playing on their expensive phones.

Candy and other sweets were banned, but they honestly didn't care. Most of the female population here scissored their skirts shorter than the appropriate length, making them look like walking prostitutes. Guys sag their slacks with piercings and smoke cigarettes after school.

"Teens these days take education for granted, seriously." Meiko's voice snapped Kaito out of his thoughts, "There are so many children out there wanting to go to school and some that have to work like adults instead of receiving a proper education." The brunette finished, angrily.

"Yeah. I also read an article that said there were many children in other countries, plus back then, that have to give up their childhood working to support their family. It was sad, really."

"Same. I watched the news this morning and the co-anchor said there are 9-13 year olds that have jobs who were sold by their own parents. Of course, some were forced to, but the rest did it out of selfishness. I just can't believe-"

Meiko was interrupted by a knock at the door. She stood up and walked to the entrance of the classroom. She opened it and was face to face with Miku and Rin, a cake, balloons, and a dozen roses squished in their arms.

"Surprise!" They shouted in unison, a large grin printed on their faces.

The brunette stared with wide eyes. Miku and Rin gazed at her before doing the same to each other, "You think we killed her, Rin?"

"Nah. If she was dead, her skin tone would've gone more paler than usual. I can't believe you don't know our own teacher for who knows how many years. Pshh,"

"Then how come she's in this state? Do we come too early?"

"Hmm. I don't think so. We probably scared the daylights out of her or something."

"Really?" Miku blinked her eyes.

"Yes, Miku. She might've not wanted to see us after school has ended. She still has her tutorials, after all...wow that sounded way too smart...WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!" She literally almost ripped her blonde hair to add a dramatic effect.

"Oh yeah. I totally forgot about her after school tutorials for delinquents."

What they didn't know was the fact that Meiko fainted and fell backwards, hearing a 'thump' broke them out of their conversation.

They gasped, "Meiko!"

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

Hehehe...short update, huh? Sorry about that. :|