Chapter 1 : Starting School

It was such a normal day in Vocaville. Birds chirping in the mornings. Kids running around playing with their friends. Everyone there were nice and helpful to their neighbors. It was like a dream...

Except it is.

Of course it was a dream. The only thing birds ever do is make annoying sounds. Some kids don't even play with their friends. They just use them to help bully other kids. Most people there were nice but some aren't. There were few snotty rich families here and then, but at least VocaHigh weren't one of those schools who have them most often.

In high school, of course there would be the popular people. But let's get on with the story, shall we?

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

Beep, beep, beep...! "Miku! Hurry up or you'll be late for school! You still have to eat your breakfast also!" Her mom yelled from downstairs. Miku pressed the snooze button as she sat up and rubbed her eyes with her hands.

She glanced at the alarm clock to see that it was 7:30am. She widened her eyes before rushing out of her comfortable bed and into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

A/N : I really don't know when High school starts so all hate is accepted.

After 2-3 minutes, she grabbed her uniform and rushed to put it on. She found two hair ties and put her long teal hair into two twin tails. She reached for her bag and ran out of her room.

She went downstairs and into the kitchen to find her mom at the stove cooking and her brother, Mikuo, eating breakfast. "You sleep a lot. I was trying to wake you up but you wouldn't budge," Mikuo teased in between bites of his scrambled eggs. "Well I'm sorry I overslept. I forgot to do my homework so I stayed up a little too late doing it." Miku replied, embarrassed.

What's wrong with oversleeping? Everyone does it. But not my 'oh-so-perfect' brother. Mikuo never overslept in his life. Even if he slept at 2 or 3 in the morning, he would still be able to wake up early.

While I was in my own little world, Mikuo finished his breakfast and put his plate in the sink for their afternoon chores. Chores. Oh how she hated that word. She didn't like doing chores mostly because it takes her about 2 to 3 hours to do it.

Especially because she has a part-time job after school's over. She pretty much earns about $20 each hour and comes home at 7 or even 8. So that meant as soon as she comes home from work she has to start her homework immediately.

"Oi, Miku!" A voice interrupted her thoughts. Try taking a guess who it is? You probably guessed right, it was Mikuo.

A/N : to let you know, the line, "Try taking a guess who it is? You probably guessed right," is Miku being sarcastic. Sorry if it confused you. :/

"You gonna come or what?" Mikuo asked. He was already on his way to the car waiting impatiently for her. "Uh...y-yeah. Sorry about that, ehehehe,"Miku dashed to the car and sat in the car seat. Mikuo got in also, started the engine, and then drove to school.

After five minutes, they were at school. Along the way in the car ride, Mikuo noticed Miku was in her own little thoughts again the whole time. When both siblings got out of the car, Mikuo decided to annoy her a little more.

"You better not think a lot or it will hurt your brain, especially for someone who doesn't use it a lot," Mikuo stated. "Hey! I DO use my brain, thank you very much!" Miku pouted. He chuckled before saying, "Your welcome!" Miku fumed at that and decided to ignore him.

"Miku~!" A familiar voice said from behind her. "Hey, I know that voice," Miku whispered. Then when she was about to say who it was the person who called out to her tackled her to the ground. "Ow," Miku opened her eyes to see cerulean ones.

"Rin! OMG, I missed you!" Miku got off the ground and gave a bone crushing hug to her best friend. "Ow. Miku. You're. Hurting. Me!" Miku let go immediately. "Ehehehe. Sorry." "It's fine. I would've gave you one, also."

"Good morning, Miku and Rin!" Luka and IA greeted them both with large smiles on their faces. "So good to see you four in happy spirits." The girls looked to see who it was, "Mrs. Sakine! I didn't know you teach at this school!" Rin half shouted. "Please, call me Meiko. I'm so happy to see you four again. How was your first year of high school without me?"

"It was okay, but it wasn't fun without our favorite teacher!" IA answered. "Yeah. We couldn't have small little breaks every now and then with the other teachers." Meiko chuckled, "Well I'm glad you girls missed me. It was pretty boring without you also. Welp. How about we go inside to see if you got my class?"

Miku, Rin, Luka, and IA nodded and followed Meiko.

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

That's all for today, I hoped you like the first chapter! Wait for the next one, please. I have school and I will have a major writers block. I know, stupid excuse, right? I will, of course, try to update every week and if I'm in a good mood, I'll even write an extra chapter. ;)

Well, I hope you give me your opinion on this chapter in the comments! Don't be shy, I won't judge! :)