Chapter 2 : Getting Started

Meiko guided us to to the bulletin board where students would check which classes they got. Miku and Rin held each other's hand in hope to be in the same class. When they go through the crowd of students, they scanned their eyes along the papers.

Rin jumped and pumped her fist in the air at the same time once she saw her and Miku's name on the same sheet of paper on the board. "Yes! We got the same class, Miku!" Miku giggled happily, "Well, I can tell by your actions that it was obvious. Anyways, I'm psyched!" "Oh! And your both in my class too! Isn't that a miracle?" Meiko looked again.

"Seriously?! It seems the year is off to a great start so far!" Rin replied, bouncing off the ground through her excitement. Miku giggled at her best friend's childish actions and asked Meiko a question. "Where is the class? I may not look like it, but I'm extremely eager to see your classroom." "Oh. I forgot! Come, come. I'll show you there." Meiko answered while doing a hand gesture meaning to follow her.

Miku grabbed Rin's shoulders and gently pushed her towards Meiko who was now walking towards her classroom. They walked a little faster to catch up with Meiko. After a few minutes, they made it. Meiko opened the door to a neat classroom with colorful walls and a chalk board at the front of the room with a message saying, "Welcome! I hope we have a fantastic time together this year! Please choose a seat that you like! :)"

After reading the message, Miku and Rin decided to take seats next to the windows for a better view of their school outside. Meiko walked towards her desk that was red and decorated with many drawings that students gave her. She pulled out a decent amount of papers of the assignment that they were supposed to start on. She checked on her list and checked off Miku and Rin's names and set her pen down. While not noticing, the two best friends decided to take a quick peek on what Meiko was doing.

"Hey, Meiko? What are we going to do today?" Miku questioned. "Hopefully it won't be a worksheet that is due at the end of the period today." Rin added. "That would just make our spirits go down, wouldn't it? And besides, if I did that to my students, then I would be a boring and strict teacher. I want my kids to have fun while studying. Not die from too much work." Meiko replied while looking up. "I'm thinking about making the class draw something that demonstrates their mood. Is that a good idea that won't bore them to death? Or maybe I should let them talk and make new friends in the process? No, wait. I think that will be awkward for the shy kids. Oh! I think I should just-" "Meiko, Meiko! Calm down! No need to fuss about something like this." Rin cut her off. "Yeah. You shouldn't worry about whether to this or that. Just be yourself and everything will be fine. You're the best teacher here and I mean it." Miku added.

"I second on that. Miku's right! You're an awesome teacher! Other people might not think it, but you have us to believe in you. Who was the person who encouraged kids to work their butts off and helped them find ways to study easier?" Rin said. "Me," Meiko replied. "And who was the person who would always keep their students' moods up by doing fun activities to relieve stress, dissapointment, sadness, rejections, and other foul feelings that I can't name all at once because I'm going to run out of breath?" Miku spoke as she gasped for air. "Me!" Meiko replied, this time with her spirits up high, possibly into space. They whooped and pumped their fists in the air.

They heard a knock on the door, signaling that the students have arrived. Meiko stood up from her seat and walked to the door. In came four students with an adult. "Hello, Meiko! I found some students who were lost in the campus and decided to help! Turns out they're all in your class! Exciting isn't it?" A male with blue hair spoke. "Kaito! Thank you so much! I wouldn't know what I would do if some of my students got lost and face the humiliation of being late to class. Especially on their fist day of school too." Meiko hugged him and Kaito hugged her back while blushing. Meiko let go of him and began asking, "Why, hello. What are your names?"

One of them with short lime green hair and glasses came up, "My name is Gumi Megpoid. I'm really happy that I get to be in your class, Meiko-sensei." She bowed and came back while fixing her posture. "Aww. You don't have to call me sensei. Just call me Meiko and that would be fine. Your polite aren't you? Did you get it from your parents?" Meiko asked. Gumi nodded, "Yes. My parents told me to respect adults, especially teachers because they take time away from their lives to help kids learn. Also, they told me to strive and become a doctor for economic purposes."

Miku and Rin joined in on their conversation. "Wow. Your going to be a doctor when you grow up? Is that your dream to be one?" Miku asked. Gumi shook her head, "I have to be one, like I said, for economic reasons. My dad is a doctor, so he wants me to make a lot of money to support the family. My dream is to be a chef but...my parents didn't react kindly to that." "Really? Your parents don't want you to become a chef just follow in their steps? I know parents want their kids to follow their example but...I can't help but think it's a little unfair to you. I mean, not trying to disrespect your dad but I'm just saying. Oh and by the way, I'm Rin, in case you were wondering, and that's Miku." Rin stated pointing to the teal haired girl.

"Rin's right. Shouldn't you be following your dreams?" Meiko asked. "I guess so. But I really don't want to talk about it." Gumi answered sadly. "Oh. I'm sorry." Meiko turned to the other students, "Sorry for ignoring you three. What are your names?" A female came up and said, "Hi. My name is SeeU." She bowed and let the other students speak. "Mine is Neru." A girl said without looking up from her phone. She had yellow hair tied up to one side of her head. "And mine is Teto." She had redish hair tied up into two pigtails with her curls into a drill style.

A/N : I'm very sorry for the bad descriptions of each student. I'm horrible when it comes to details. :( Hopefully you will forgive me. :)

"Well, nice to meet you all. Since some of us are here, how about I pass out the assignments for today?" Meiko asked. They all nodded in agreement. The four students, plus Miku and Rin, took their seats.

|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|~~|

Hope you liked it! See you soon. :)