Chapter 40

My vision slowly fades in. My head is down and I see wooden floors as I try to move my body. My wrists and ankles are secured to a low backed metal chair and I pull lightly against my restraints, keeping my head down to avoid the detection of anyone watching me. They don't need to know I'm awake yet.

"Ahhhhh, Reaper. So good of you to join us." A raspy voice says in front of me. My hood is still over my face as I lift my head to take stock of my surroundings. It looks like a bar that has five of the villains from the camp. To my right I register someone in a chair. Before I have a chance to look, Shigaraki disintegrates my gi, exposing my face and harness on top of my t-shirt.

"Not what I expected." Shigaraki hums. "But Master knew it was you. Interesting." He scratches his neck.

"Ms. L/n?" Says a young voice from my right. I look to see Bakugo tied to a chair similar to mine but his hands are restrained in his lap.

A warmth spreads through my chest and the rest of my body. Aizawa is trying to get me to send a signal back. I reach out like I taught him and Bakugo starts screaming in pain next to me. I stop immediately, looking over at him with wide eyes.

"Oh we should probably explain how your chair works." A familiar voice comes from behind me. "Your chair is connected to this kid's over here. Anytime you try to use your energy quirk, the chair next to you gets covered in electricity."

Shit. Maybe the small one I sent was enough. But I know I'm kidding myself. Aizawa may have gotten the message, but there's no way for him to know my exact location with that small pulse.

"I've missed you, Doll." That same voice whispers in my ear. "All the years I've been away, I've obsessed over how I could get you to stay and when I got out of prison, I finally figured out how."

I know exactly who's behind me. He confirms my suspicions, walking around my chair to look me in the face. Benjiro sneers at me.

"Long time no see, Benji. How was prison?" I force a chuckle, knowing he hates that nick name.

"You BITCH" He slaps me.

"We both know you can hit harder than that." I laugh in his face.

He raises his hand again but the scarred man grabs his wrist. "We have orders to not harm her." He growls at Benjiro.

"We have to keep her here though, right Dabi ?" He glares at the scarred man.

"Yes, that's why she's tied to a chair." Dabi answers.

"She can get out of those, trust me." Benjiro reveals a strange metal rectangular bar from his sleeve and walks behind me. My panic spikes, but I can't show that I'm scared.

He plunges the bar into my back, through my harness, just below my heart. It scrapes against my spine with every breath. I scream in agony, activating my quirk to manipulate the bar so it can't do catastrophic damage to my insides as he continues to slip the metal in further.

"What the fuck, dude?" Dabi looks at Benjiro with a disgusted look.

"This is osmium covered in tungsten. The densest metal and the strongest metal." He explains, breaking off the rest of the bar into my back so even if I could move to remove the bar, there's nothing for me to grab onto.

"And you put it into her back because....?" Shigaraki prompts.

"Because, now she has to use all the focus of her matter quirk to keep the bar from piercing organs instead of using it on her bindings or us." He explains, healing the skin over the bar so no one can pull it out of my back without cutting me.