Chapter 46

We take Cementoss' car since his has the room to hold us all. They all walk my pace which is terribly slow and staggered, but at least I'm walking out of the hospital. Aizawa lifts me into the front passenger seat. The ride to my apartment was filled with idle chatter and giggles. I don't know why I was so opposed to these people knowing where I live. Sure Aizawa may have used an orgasm to 'convince' me to let them all go to my apartment but they have a right to go. My family has a right to be in my home.

"We're here." Shota announces from the seat behind me. I must have zoned out at some point because I don't remember Cementoss pulling into my parking lot. "You alright?"

"Yeah." I say shaking my head to clear away some of the fog that creeped in. Aizawa comes around to my seat and unbuckles me. I giggle, feeling a little like a child who needs their parents help to work a seatbelt.

"If you really don't want them here, I'll be the ass that sends them home." He whispers to me, picking me up and putting me on my feet.

"It's okay now. You were right to push the topic. You used questionable methods, but not ones I'm complaining about." I tease.

"Questionable?" He gasps, pretending that I've wounded him

"You need to promise me that you won't look in the black bag in the back of my closet." I say suddenly, grabbing his arm as we walk to the front of my building.

"What's in the bag?" A slow, sly smile spreads across his face.

"If you don't look, then I'll show you sometime." I wink.

On the elevator ride up, I realize I forgot my keys in the car and Aizawa volunteers to run back to get them. The rest of us go to wait outside my apartment where I notice the door is ajar.

"That's not right." I raise my hand to swing it the rest of the way open.

Stepping in, it looks like absolute chaos. Every dish has been pulled out of the cabinet and smashed on the floor. All the food that was in the pantry has been dumped out of it's container, and the food from the fridge has been smashed onto the ground. The sink is clogged and the tap is running, overflowing onto the floor. I turn it off and move to the living room. The others rush in ahead of me, I can hear them talking but the words don't register.

The sofa and chair cushions have been slashed and the stuffing pulled out, reveling the springs. Every book from my shelf has been torn in half, unless it was a hardback book, then the pages were ripped from the cover. The water from the kitchen has made it's way into the living room so even if the books were mostly in tact, the water has ruined the pages.

I fold my arms across my stomach and go stand at one of the windows, just looking out, trying to get the scene to register.

"Y/n..." Shota whispers, putting a hand on the small of my back. I don't answer or turn to look at him.

"Y/n..." Hizashi says from the other side of me.

"I guess there's nothing to pack." I say, turning to move toward the door. "Sorry for wasting all your time. Shota, can I borrow your phone?"

"Y/n..." Aizawa says again.

"I need to call my insurance company and my landlord." I hold my hand out to him, not looking at anyone.

"We need to call the police first." He says.

"Why?" I ask, looking at him without emotion on my face. I'm numb. "No one knows where I live. The school doesn't even have it on record. You're the only person I've brought here, and I know you didn't do this, so what's the point?"