Chapter 45

"Ms. L/n!" The doctor's voice boomed into the room. "Great news!"

"Can it wait?" I mumble into Aizawa's chest.

"I thought you wanted to get out of here, but if that's not the case..." I can hear the smile in the doctor's voice.

"Ugh... fine." I roll away from Aizawa with a groan and motion for him to help me up. He gets out of bed and wraps his arms around my back, putting me into a sitting position, placing pillows behind me for support.

"Your blood work is clean and I talked to the physical therapist and he signed off on letting you go home as long as you have the support system at home like you had with you today." He says, cheerfully.

"I guess that is good news." I rub my eyes sleepily with a yawn. Crying really takes it out of me and I have years of tears built up.

"You'll have a follow up appointment in a week to check on your progress and we'll send you with high grade ibuprofen for pain flair ups and you will have flair ups." He warns. "We also cut off a harness when you got here, it looked very supportive for your back. Do you have access to another one?"

"Yes, I just have to send an email. The dude might kill me though. I seem to be going through a lot of them lately." I chuckle awkwardly.

"Power Loader understood the extenuating circumstances." Aizawa says. "I've already emailed him. Hizashi is bringing it tomorrow when he comes. Our friends want to help you get settled in the teacher dorms."

"Good to know that I don't have to worry about you. Most people lie to me and say they'll let people help and then don't." The doctor states. "We'll let you go in the morning after one more night of observation."

"These aren't the kind of people that would leave me alone, even if I wanted them to." I smile softly at Aizawa.

"You bet your ass I won't leave you." He smiles back.

"Well on that note," The doctor clears his voice awkwardly, "I'll see you tomorrow for discharge." He exits quickly

Bakugo rushes in, almost knocking the doctor over.

"Ms. L/n, you're awake!" He's wide eyed almost as if he didn't believe it.

"I hear that I have you to thank for that." I say "Thank you for telling Mr. Aizawa everything. It saved my life."

"You told me to." He states, crossing his arms. "I can follow directions."

"I heard you visited everyday too." I continue. "You didn't have to but I appreciate it. I'm sure Mr. Aizawa appreciated the company."

"Mr. Aizawa?" Bakugo asks.

"Yes, Bakugo?" Aizawa responds.

"Can I have a moment with Ms. L/n?" He locks back and forth from me to Aizawa.

"Yeah. I'll be just outside." Aizawa says, walking toward the door, sparing me one last glance before leaving.

"You were going to die." Bakugo doesn't mince words.

"I was." I state. "And then I didn't."

"You were willing to die to save my life." He says. "Why."

"I've lived quite a tragic life." I let out a big sigh. "If I died saving yours, someone with so much potential to cancel out all the bad I've put into the world, then it would be more than worth it."