• C H A P T E R 1 0 •

Don't mind the song- it's a joke between me and -_millie_- 😂😂😂

♥︎  ☔︎ ☽ 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑯𝒊𝒎 | 𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒖 𝑨𝑼 - 𝒏𝒙𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒛𝒕 ☾ ☔︎  ♥︎

𝙻𝚢𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛, 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚡 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿

Her feet worked quicker than her mind and she found herself running down the hallway. It wasn't until she was downstairs and in the kitchen with her hands braced against the sink that she finally allowed herself a breath.

He was complete and utter danger, the kind that set her soul on fire. She played with the faucet and splashed her face with water, her whole body was burning up.

"Mi hija, you're home!" the older woman watched as her daughter jumped almost a foot in the air. "Oh no!" Sylvana gushed as water splashed onto the floor.

But Aphmau didn't care for the water or the almost cardiac arrest she'd just endured. She was happy to see her mother again. Before her mother could put down the table cloths she had in her hands, Aphmau was on her. "I missed you." she mumbled.

Sylvana's stance softened. She wrapped her arms around her daughter and pulled her close. "I missed you too, sweetheart. It's been so quiet here without you." She felt Aphmau's arms tighten further, almost bruising against her rib cage. She finally felt warm again, her daughter was back. "Okay, Aphmau. Go shower. I'll finish off dinner."

Aphmau shook her head, "Let me help." she hadn't realized how empty she'd felt without her mother up until this moment. But her mother wasn't one to argue with and she knew she hadn't won this battle as she felt Sylvana nudge her through the backdoors towards the guesthouse. She laughed but she finally gave in after throwing a look over her shoulder.

She made her way across the lawn. The sky had darkened completely by now.

It had been so long she'd been home, but it felt the same. Her mother had not moved a single thing. She lit up the hallway and made her way to the linen cupboard. She grabbed a towel and decided she'd borrow some of her mother's clothes until she gained the courage to challenge Aaron for her suitcases.

She entered the bathroom, turned the shower on and waited until it began steaming. Removing her clothing, she stepped under the spray.

Her mind ran a mile a minute. She always knew during her time away that she'd have to either fight her desires towards Aaron or give into him and risk getting hurt. There was no doubt in her mind; Aaron would be her undoing. It would be intoxicatingly pleasurable but ultimately painful.

She also felt guilty. Not one moment during Aaron's exhilarating torment, did Aphmau think of Ein. She felt sick. Deep down she knew she had to tell Ein. She could no longer lie to herself. It was selfish.

Then there was whatever the fuck happened to Aaron. What had triggered him so suddenly? Why did he act that way? Aphmau couldn't help but worry about him. He seemed so.. soulless and empty but broken at the same time. It was extremely concerning. He obviously wasn't okay. She'd never seen him like that before.

What happened to him?

How did he get those scars?

Who hurt him?

She desperately wanted to ask him but she knew she couldn't. There were way too many possible negative outcomes. She was scared of how Aaron would react. Or maybe, she was worried that he'd get triggered again and she didn't want to see him so hurt again.