• C H A P T E R 8 •

♥︎  ☔︎ ☽ 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑯𝒊𝒎 | 𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒖 𝑨𝑼 - 𝒏𝒙𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒛𝒕 ☾ ☔︎  ♥︎

𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚡 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙, 2019

Aphmau swallowed hard. He rolled her lower lip into her mouth and chewed softly. A vein throbbed at the base of Aaron's neck. Even a blind man could see the effect the small piece of jewelry had on the man.

She knew deep down that this would be her excuse, her reason to fight the attraction between them. With that thought in mind, she allowed the tingles to shoot up her arm from his touch for a few more seconds before she forcefully tugged her hand free.

She quickly went to step past the man, but he was quicker. Wrapping an arm around her waist, Aaron tugged the small woman back. He tightened his grip and hissed the words through clenched teeth, "Tell me that's not what I think it is, Aphmau."

The silence he received was enough. Her unspoken answer hung in the air like a hot branding iron on his skin. This wasn't over, not by a long fucking shot. But, the skies were darkening and Aaron preferred having her under his roof than in a location she could easily slip from him.

Grinding his molars, he released her curvaceous form and lifted her bag once more. Her response only encouraged the possessive monster he'd always forced down into the dark depths of his soul.

She was left watching the man while he popped the boot of his car and disposed of her bag in there. Walking back to the front of the car, he opened the door to the passenger's seat of her and gestured for her to enter.

Aphmau was surprised with Aaron's restraint. She was sure he'd have a lot to say about the ring on her finger. She couldn't help but selfishly feel slight disappointment at his reaction— or better yet, lack thereof.

She knew it was horrible, her thoughts, but she was far too conflicted to have any kind of rational thought.

However, he was currently offering her a cushioned seat and her legs felt weaker than before. She was in dire need of some kind of support. With swift actions, Aphmau slipped past him and sunk down into the passenger's seat.

Closing her door with a hard thud, Aaron made his way around the car and into the driver's seat.

Anxiously, Aphmau clamped her hands together. She forced herself not to stare at his chiseled form. It wasn't long before they were traveling back to his manor. The heavens leaked around them and Aphmau found herself relaxing for the first time in years. She hadn't realized just how tired she'd become until that very moment.

Her eyes dropped and the last thing she remembered was the sensation of Aaron's hand on top her hers.

The drizzle became a light storm. Aaron tightened his grip on the wheel and waited for the garage door to roll up. Parking inside, he pulled the key from the ignition and unbuckled his seatbelt. Releasing a deep breath, he turned to face Aphmau as she slept unaware of his dark scrutiny. A violent fire burned deep within and his gaze dropped to her hand. With controlled movements he pried the ring from her hand and pocketed it.

He'd confront her, give her a chance to explain herself. Then, he'd hunt down the fucker that decided to place a claim on his little Potato. That was what he called her the first year they'd met because she was short and small like one. She still was.