• C H A P T E R 4 •

♥︎  ☔︎ ☽ 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑯𝒊𝒎 | 𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒖 𝑨𝑼 - 𝒏𝒙𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒛𝒕 ☾ ☔︎  ♥︎

𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚗 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚠 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢, 2016

Ein parked in front of the local pub and placed his hand over Aphmau's, he squeezed softly when she didn't respond. "You okay?" He heard a small buzzing and looked at her lap.

Snapping into action, Aphmau quickly removed her hands from under Ein's, she quickly grabbed the phone from her pocket. Sliding her thumb across the screen, she answered in a rush. "Hey."

"Are you okay, sweetie? You sound out of breath.." her mother's voice came through the speaker and she relaxed.

The guilt had come back ten times as strong and she'd been almost convinced that it was Aaron calling her, now that annoying little feeling wouldn't go away. This was a bad idea, she shouldn't be out with other men, especially when she promised she'd just study. "I'm fine, ma. Going out with a friend." Aphmau made sure not to specify the gender of this friend but her mother was onto her.

"A boy?" Sylvannah questioned as Aaron glared into the phone in her hand.

Aphmau laughed, unaware of the trouble unfolding back at home, "Maybe. Got to go, we're heading in now." She cut the call just as her mother said her name in a slight panic.

No. She needed to do this. She needed to get away from the leash that was Aaron, so she looked up at Ein's curious gaze and smiled in encouragement. "Shall we?" he questioned and she nodded in response. They both exited the car and Ein grabbed his guitar from the backseat. He placed a leading hand on the small of Aphmau's back and directed her to the bar.

A smaller, younger looking werewolf came up to them. "You little shit, I thought you were a no show!" He snapped.

"Shut up, Jax. I'm here." He grunted back.

Jax turned to look at Aphmau, "Yes you are," he mumbled.

"Hey man, get on stage!" Ein pushed past Jax with Aphmau and directed her to a seat just to the side of the stage. "Want a drink?" He asked, leaning down to her ear in the loud room.

Aphmau shook her head, "Just water, please." she replied, knowing that it'd only become another nail in her grave if she drank.

"A good girl," Ein grinned.

With a raised eyebrow, she scoffed. "A sober girl."

Ein disappeared and returned moments later with a tall glass. "M'lady." He placed the cup in front of her and turned to the stage where Jax was checking their equipment. "I should head up, make sure to cheer me on!"

Aphmau sipped at the cold water as the minutes passed. Ein, Jax and another werewolf sat on stools, turned in towards each other slightly. From this angle she could see Ein's corded jaw, then she compared it with Aaron's. Dammit! Looking away from the stage, she scanned the crowd. Surprisingly, they began moving towards the stage, already recognizing them.

She sat back in her seat, folding her arms as Ein spoke up, "We'd like to thank you al, for coming today and we hope you enjoy.."