• C H A P T E R 5 •

♥︎  ☔︎ ☽ 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝑻𝒐 𝑯𝒊𝒎 | 𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒖 𝑨𝑼 - 𝒏𝒙𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒃𝒚𝒛𝒕 ☾ ☔︎  ♥︎

𝙻𝚢𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛, 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚡 𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙, 2016

Aaron paced around his large kitchen as Sylvana prepared dinner. He'd demanded her to call her daughter. It had been a bit over a month since he'd last seen the damn vixen and his conscious was beginning to wither and die. He needed to know she was okay, so he made Sylvana speak to Aphmau. Bad fucking decision— no, worst fucking decision! Because now he was pissed. Beyond pissed, livid, in fact.

She was going out... with some other little grimy man. The thought only sent red, hot fury down his spine. "Fuck it!" he grunted out, storming through the kitchen and towards the front door. He couldn't hold it in any longer, he'd really go insane if he tried! Taking out his car keys on the way,  Aaron slammed out of the house and moved in the direction of his vehicle. His movements were jerky, rushed, fueled with adrenaline.

Under a minute flat, the man was on the highway heading to Falcon Claw. It was time he gave his little Aphmau another reminder, a much firmer and physical kind.

In a little under an hour, Aaron had pulled up in front of Aphmau's apartment. He left his car and made his way to her front door, banging his hand on the hardwood. His sanity and rationality prayed she'd answer.

There was no response.

Clenching his jaw, he took a deep breath through his nose and released it through his mouth, he spread his booted feet and leaned against the hard panel behind him. The darkness seeped onto him and shadowed his form.

Minutes ticked into an hour, his patience was thinning and he was close to tracking the damn woman down. Then he saw a vehicle slide up behind his. His eyes zeroed in on the interior and he felt his gut clench. He couldn't make much out of the driver but he knew the passenger was Aphmau. He held in his anger, knowing nothing good would come from him pummeling the bastard driving her home.

With slanted eyes, he watched her curvaceous body exit the Toyota. Wrong move, baby.

Aphmau's nerves instantly took a spike and she became aware of her surroundings, Ein needed to leave. Turning around to face the young man, she smiled politely, he could see the shift in her expression. "I had a great night, Ein. Thank you." she went to open the door, but his hand came out to clasp around her wrist. She impatiently turned towards him once more, she knew she didn't have long before Aaron would see her.

"Will I see you tomorrow?" Ein questioned, nervous that she'd simply disappear on him. He liked the new face on campus, enjoyed her company a bit more than he'd expected.

With a soft sigh, she replied, "Yeah, probably. We have class, after all." Aphmau gave him another smile and this time she forcefully tugged her hand free of his hold and exited the vehicle. She closed the door with a soft thud and waved succinctly. Hoping he'd leave promptly, for his safety that is. The young woman knew nothing would come if he stayed.

Ein, at first, just kept his eyes locked with Aphmau's, then he saw her eyes flicker up to the car that was in front of his. He pulled away from the curb and left her, despite the warning bells ringing in his head. That was probably the first mistake he made, of many. Turning a blind eye.