One

"Mom, what is a curse?" Little (y/n) questioned (his/her) mother who was cooking dinner.

"Now why are you asking me that (y/n)?"

"I was just curious because in my storybook curses are beings that are manifested by negative emotions from us! I want to meet one and defeat them someday!" (Y/n) squeals with joy while hopping up and down. "Wouldn't that be cool?!"

"No." (Y/N) Mother slapped (her/him)

(Y/N) was on the ground trembling with fear and placed a hand on (his/her) cheek.

"That's fucking dangerous and stupid. There is no possible way you could defeat them and even if you tried DEATH would be near your future." (Y/N) mother said harshly.

(Y/N) Mother looked furious at (her/him) and turned her back on (y/n). Before she did she said, " I don't want you to end up like your father." Before leaving (y/n) on the floor by (he/her) self. 

"Mom..." You picked yourself off the ground and looked at the storybook that was there too.

You were pretty disheartened by the fact your mother called you stupid. She was scary at times because of her unhinged rage but you didn't blame her. You knew it came from her fear of curses worse than your father's death who was a jujutsu sorcerer. You missed him. You both did but he will come back especially after that night.

"DAD BE SAFE AND COME BACK SOON! LOVE YOU." (Y/N) toddler shouted making a heart sign with her hands.

"And I will Love you, hun." Well, That was a fucking lie.