[ t w e n t y f o u r ]

t w e n t y  f o u r
l a b e t e

t w e n t y  f o u rl a  b e t e

THEY HAD FOUND 23 BODIES.

The group got out of the elevator just to meet the sheriff at the hospital. He was using a cane, he was weak, but still looked better than Lizzie.

"Who found them?" Was the first thing that Stiles asked to his dad.

The sheriff turned around to look at them. "Argent." Amelia frowned. Argent was still around? She thought he had already left. "And he said the Doctors were down there. He also said you guys might know what this thing is."

"We've got a theory," was the thing Scott said and Amelia nodded.

"It's a slightly terrifying theory," added Amelia, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Incredibly terrifying, more likely.

"Well, the Medical Examiner said the victims were killed somewhere else and then dumped in those tunnels," informed the Sheriff, taking the group by surprise.

Amelia looked at the rest. She didn't know if it was her, but that didn't make any sense.

"Hey, what if the Dread Doctors are hiding the bodies?" Suggested Scott, making Amelia look at him.

Isaac frowned in confusion. "Why would they do that?"

"Maybe they're covering for it," assumed Stiles in a whisper and Amelia glanced at him before quickly looking away. It was still uncomfortable. "Protecting it like a parent would."

"Protecting what?" Talked the Sheriff and they all looked at him.

"A werewolf," replied Scott in a whisper.

Kira sighed. "It's called the Beast."

Amelia raised her eyebrows when she noticed the expression the Sheriff had. "We know. Horrifying."

The sheriff looked at them with his eyes wide open. "We better figure out what we're gonna call Parrish," he said in a whisper, making everyone a bit confused. "Because it looks like his dream is coming true."

• • •

The Beast... The Beast...

Where has she heard that before? She remembered hearing it before, but where? Where has she heard it before?

Where? Where?

"Amelia, what are you doing?" Isaac asked her as the girl was going through the library books again and again.

"I swear I have heard about this thing before, I swear... I just... I need to remember."

Isaac stopped her, placing a hand on her wrist before she could keep destroying all the books in the library.