[ e i g h t ]

e i g h t
l i b r a r y

STILES GOT OUT OF THE LIBRARY AND TRIED DIALING AMELIA, BUT IT WENT STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL

"Hey this is Amelia. Can't talk right now but leave a message and I'll call you later."

"Hey, Ames, it's me, your boyfriend, the one you stood up at the library and left him there sleeping," he said as he got in his jeep, laying the strap of his backpack on his shoulder. "I just want to let you know that I'm on my way home if you want to come over after. We can discuss about the whole Dark Angels, Alexandra, Allison deal... or maybe we can have sex, I don't know." He opened the hood of his jeep as he noticed it wouldn't start. A cloud of smock left the engine, making him cough a bit. "Or not... my jeep is toasted. I'll see you tomorrow. I love—"

But the beep cut him off before he could finish.

"Crap," Stiles muttered before taking out his duct tape, placing it around one of the tubes the smock was leaving from.

That's when he felt someone grab his shoulder and start sucking the life out of him.

Stiles screamed loudly before fighting off the person that was holding him, removing the hand that was sucking the back of his shoulder off him and looking at it.

The palm had teeth on it, like a little mouth.

As the guy tried to choke him with his arm, Stiles tried his best to grab the wrench on top of the jeep. He saw as his cellphone fell on the floor due to the vibration of Amelia calling him, and for a second he thought that if that guy killed him, the last thing he would see was Amelia's face.

No, he wasn't going to die.

Stiles hit the guy's chin with his head, making his attacker lose control and letting the guy grab the wrench on top of the jeep, turning around and hitting the guy quickly.

And when he saw his attacker on the floor, Stiles started running again towards the library, turning around to see if the man was still unconscious.

But he wasn't, he was standing up, showing Stiles his face with his mouth covered in blood.

Donovan.

Stiles glanced towards the parking lot again, just right under his jeep where his phone was still vibrating, and the image of him and Amelia was still on the screen.

But anyway, he kept running as fast as he could towards the school, holding on to his wrench.

Stiles ran through the hallways of Beacon Hills High with only his wrench in his hand, exhaling deeply, worried about Donovan who was following him every time quicker.

He had no other choice but to go outside again, running towards the library.

As the doors didn't open, Stiles glanced towards the car reader against the wall, and slid his library card through it before opening the doors again, walking inside.