Ch: 17

The connection to the two had blown the both of them aside, giving a small boost by the shock wave to Tiassale’s getaway flight. The shockwave heavily shook the void, a booming sound following the symphony of explosives and the fireworks leaping upward like a ballerina’s dance recital. Uneffected by the rumbling, the shadow half smiled while it splintered wide across, leading white thick lines travelling through darkness. Tiassale stole a glance over his back just as clear, black glass shards were thrown backwards. Few small bits of the leftover blast flicked onto his face, wincing by the contacts bouncing off, and frowned.

A quick trip up in the air slowly, Tiassale chuckled bluntly due to the misfire that could’ve had them and the flames fresh in small sprouts blazing small cracks of the net. The new developed web had glass shattered in different spots, the crater and gleaming pieces replaced the smooth surface of the floor. Who knew the ball of gas had such an impact of that magnitude? Size didn’t matter; power came over the juggernaut monster.

Tiassale snapped out of his daze, the fog both clouding his eyes and mind vanished in thin air. Blinking his gray orbs and lightly shaking his head to rid the rest of the fog, he turned the unsettling broken gaze on Danny’s pale face, if it could get anymore paler than a blanket of snow during the winter time. Aside from the wintery snow skin, Tiassale caught a twitch in Danny’s left eye and causing his own to widen a little than normal.

‘I wonder if he is doing alright being in this state. I am hoping he is well to wake up soon and ready to be out of his subconscious before Furor destroys Amity Park. I need his help after all, but…

Checking if more wounds had appeared on the inactive corpse, he wasn’t surprise by the result. He found a couple cuts had opened up in thin red strips, dripping faintly slow down the halfa’s right eye and cheek and were small enough it wouldn’t cause a string of red to slide off his face. The shadow thought how he could be worth protecting under this state. Though, he couldn’t think that Danny may wake up soon because his eye twitched seconds ago.

Tiassale masked his doubtless mask under a happily worried double and waved his faced-up hand to the side of Danny’s grayish white hair, removing the lock off his sleeping face. “If troubles are a tragedy, why are we the remedy? He needs my help more than myself can ever have.” He sighed and nodded to no one particularly, a wary smile gracing his lips and a short giggle sprung out without coming into the open, tainting the dead air in delightfulness.

“Wake up soon, Danny” he spoke a whisper, “If Furor lands a hand on you, I will make sure he sees the light in the most painful way imaginable.

****

Skulker flanked left and turned in a twirl to deflect another whirling tendril after it swiped in a downward angle for the third time in a row towards the deflective shield. They were like snakes surrounding their little prey with hunger lethally clouding their thin eyes and impatiently move at all corners in case the victim should escape their trap. There were four high over his head, the tips leaning down loftily motionless and dangling, waiting a moment when one of them goes first. He glared each one thoroughly, thinking and ready for one of them to hurl themselves at him and inflict a poisonous sting wherever it sticks.

Split minute later, Maddie was at the line of his vision with a plasma gun pointing its nozzle at the second. A ball of blue plasma awakened in the barrel and spiraled straight at the appendage, smoke flowing exposed. It hit the tendril, but after a smoke stream wafted off of the shot, the arm turned itself against the blue, jump suited wearing woman and proceeded attacking her. Before it had a whack on Maddie, Skulker had a spare second to run and move the woman out of the way of the tendril’s strike, then stop the charging snake by raising his arm over his head. Maddie recovered from Skulker’s shove and saw her gun next to her head.