here to help

Bruce's pov

I was in Queens when it happened.

I wanted to go to the library, but that was closed so I was just walking around. I didn't know where I was walking to, but I was walking. Suddenly I had a phone call from Tonys AI, FRIDAY. I answered!

"Hello? Dr Banner."
"Hello Bruce. I am Tonys artificial intelligence system, Friday. He has asked to contact you as there appears to me an emergency at the Stark tower. Please head there immediately."
My eyes widend. The only other time he wanted me at the tower was when he snuck up on me to scare me in attempt to make me... be...the other guy. But he failed.

As I was just a minute or two away, I ran.

Ran
Ran
Ran

Til I got there!

The tower was about halfway through lockdown when I got there, and when I passed through this broken glass door, it continued lockdown. I was stuck in.

Oh my gosh I thought. Ok, Tonys pranks were sometimes successful, but trapping me? That's a bit far. I walked upstairs until I finally got there

But it wasn't a prank.

I got to the lab and saw Tony, in front of this...kid? The kid was obviously in pain, his eyes could show it. I looked around more and saw that the kid was bleeding from his stomach, badly.

I rushed over, ready to help

"Hey Brucie bear, this is Peter, he's..." He started and I saw Peter's eyes start to twitch. "...my assistant." He finished. Peter gave me a small smile before realising who I am.
"You're Dr-Dr bruuuce bann-nner" he slurred. I looked at him with a smile and nodded. Then I realised....I'd seen this kid before. I remember he went to a avengers conference earlier in the year. I saw him talk to Tony before he walked over to me and asked if I could sign his book. Well, my book on Gama radiation, but his copy.

Suddenly the kids face fell. "Mr- Mr-" he tried getting words out but he kept choking. Tonys eyes widend in fear, and held onto his hand tightly.
"-tony, I can't- I don't know what's happening- I can't- can't- I don't feel- don't feel anything-" he sputtered. This ment that the amount of blood he's lost has left him feeling numb.

Not a good sign.

I set out my tools, I had bandages, syringes, not much, since I could only rely on what Tony had, but I had to make do. This kids life was on my hands.

The bullet hole went straight through his chest, mid stomach. Right in the middle. Well, the middle vertily, but horizontally, about the same place Tonys reactor heart was.

Which gave me an idea.

And 9 minutes to do it.

I looked around Tonys lab, metal, scraps, and a prototype of his arc reactor. "Tony! Is that functional!?" I yelled. I didn't mean to sound rude, but I had to know! Tony looked at me concerned, then looked at Peter, who was whinning in pain, and then he looked at his bullet hole. "No, but I can make it!" And he got to work.

He explained to me as he did it. While he did It I cleaned out the hole. I didn't have enough time to drug him, meaning he could feel anything and everything, but I'd rather him live in pain for the next few minutes, than die all together.

Tony explained that it didn't work the same as his. This one had a teeny tiny contraption in it, that they would also install into this bracelet, then we he puts the bracket up to his reactor, he gets a bullet proof vest wrapped around his chest.

Genius.

It was a very painful process to see Peter's face during app of this. The squirms, the eyes shutting, but he was super strong. A little too strong. I really hope the stuff I was using didn't make him radioactive.