Chapter-33

Osman asked Samir and Ahmad to make the arrangements for his departure. He wanted to leave as soon as possible to be with his father. He knew that receiving this letter either meant that his father was severely ill and there was no hope, or he had already passed away. But he did not want to believe either of these.

Although he was still angry with his father for arranging another marriage for him without his knowledge, the thought of losing his father made his heart to pain. He did not want to think that he may be losing his father, not yet.

He hurried back to their chambers to inform Arta that they are leaving soon for Arabia.

He arrived and could not find Arta in the room. His heart started beating fast, he did not want to think that she had escaped again but he knew that it was always a possibility.

He rushed to the balcony to see if she is there. No, she was not there either. He was about to shout and call for Nahla when he suddenly saw Arta's lean and sorrowful figure sitting on a bench in the garden staring aimlessly at the mountains while touching her belly.

"Oh, my love" Osman sighed and went to the gardens to be with his wife.

Arta was so deep in thoughts that she did not realize Osman was standing beside her. Osman gently touched her shoulder. She jumped and turned her head and looked at Osman with a sad smile.

"You came back early."

"A bad news arrived from Arabia." Osman sighed and sat beside Arta.

"What has happened?"

"The sultan is ill and has summoned me to Arabia."

"Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that."

"So I came to tell you that we have to leave as soon as possible, probably tomorrow."

"What do you mean 'we'?"

"I mean you and me. We should go to Arabia together."

"You kidding, right?"

"No, why?"

"I cannot come with you to Arabia. I am a Persian princess. No one likes me in Arabia. Why would I go somewhere that I am not welcome? Have you forgotten your father's mission to remarry you to someone from your people? When my father-in-law has not accepted me as your wife what do you expect from others? Everyone gonna hates me there." Arta talked hastily and nonstop. She could not even imagine herself being in Arabia.

"Are you done talking?" Osman asked.

"For now, yes!"

"You are my wife, the crown prince's wife, the future Sultan's wife. No one can change that. And as my wife, you must accompany me on this trip. Besides I cannot let you stay here, it is not safe."

"Why? you afraid that I may escape again?"

"To be honest yes but also I cannot just leave you here and go to Arabia alone. You don't want me to remarry, do you?" Osman laughed.

"It's not funny," Arta said with a serious tone and looked away.

"Oh come on Arta. It will be nice to meet my family and my country. It will be like a new start for us. We can free our minds from all the bad things that had happened. Of course, I hope that my father recovers soon so that we can have some time to ourselves in Arabia."

Arta looked at him from the corner of her eyes and saw the pleading and excitement on his eyes.

"What if your people did not like me?"