Chapter-8

Night had fallen and Osman was still unable to open that door. Feeling exhausted and defeated they called the night and went toward the west palace.

"For sure Persians know how to protect their precious stuff" Said Ahmad.

"We still don't know what is behind that door, don't set your expectations high." Osman said while yawning.

"Maybe we can ask from our hostage princess?!" Ahmad said with an unsure tone. It was in his mind for quite some time but didn't have the courage to talk about it.

Osman laughed "Sure! And she will tell us exactly how to open the door and what is behind it."

"Maybe we should try our chance. She is not a bad person." Said Samir.

"I cannot believe you guys. Stop with this nonsense. We are not going to ask HER to help us. It will look as if we are weak."

"Since when you care what does she think about you?" Ahmad Said looking at Osman while arching an eyebrow.

"I didn't say me, I said us. Are you deaf?" Osman stopped walking looking irritated.

Ahmad shrugged.

"No one is going to ask her to help us, understood?" Osman said pointing his index finger at Ahmad and Samir as if he was threatening them.

They both nodded and continued toward their rooms in silence.

Arriving at the west palace, Samir and Ahmad went to sleep in the maid's chambers while Osman went upstairs to the same room that he slept two nights ago.

Entering the room, he felt strange. By now he knew that the room belonged to Arta. Her scent was still in the air. He took a deep breath and walked slowly around the room.

He suddenly remembered the necklace that he took from this room. "It was her necklace. As elegant as her" a slight smile crept across his face.

The soldiers had already put his belongings in the room. Walking toward the chest containing his clothes and belongings he opened it and looked for the necklace. He opened the box and intently looked at the necklace. It was so beautiful. Put it carefully back into the box he went to check what was behind the door at the far end of the room.

Opening the door, it was a changing room with lots of colorful dresses with soft fabrics, mostly silk. He noticed that there was another door in the room. walking toward that door he opened it. He saw a circular marble staircase going downward.

Taking a candle with him he climbed down the stairs and lightened the torch at the bottom of the stairs. Suddenly an array of torches all around the place turned on and illuminated the place.

Narrowing his eyes from the sudden brightness he looked around and found a cozy and luxurious bath pool. "wow" Osman said in disbelief. His eyes were wide open.

He decided to take a bath. He took off his clothes and went into the pool. The water was cold and he was freezing for a couple of minutes but then his body got adapted to the cold water and he felt more relaxed.

He closed his eyes and sat on the steps underwater while his back was rested on the edge of the pool. He closed his eyes and listened to the silence thinking about what Ahmad had suggested asking Arta to help them open that door. He listened more carefully, he could hear a faint sobbing from distance. Distracted by the sound he opened his eyes and looked around. He thought he had mistaken, but again he heard the sobbing.

Quickly he wore his clothes and listened again. Walking toward the sound he opened the only door in the bath pool hall. He saw a semicircular area. The sound was coming from one of the rooms with two guards standing in front of it.