Chapter-9

Osman was leaving the west palace in the morning when he heard shattering noises followed by screams and shouts. It was coming from downstairs.

"What is going on here?" Osman demanded from the guards in front of Arta's door.

"She has stopped eating it's been 2 days now."

"Very well. You may leave!"

"But prince she has become crazy. She might hurt you."

"I said leave!"

They bowed and left the corridor.

Two maids were coming from the other end of the corridor. When they got the sight of him, they gasped and vanished. They had never seen him in this part of the palace.

Opening the door, the first thing that Osman saw was shatters of plates and glasses, a broken chair and a messy bed. Looking up he saw something was coming toward his face. With a swift move he managed to dodge it but something else hit his shoulder. It was a pomegranate that hit him.

Feeling annoyed he charged toward Arta preventing her to throw more stuff at him. He grabbed her arm "Stop it." He looked into her eyes furiously.

She had lost lots of weight and looked miserable. Her hair was messy, and her clothes were stained and dirty. But still looked pretty and confident.

Arta was breathing rapidly and was pulling her arm to get free from his grab. Osman grabbed her other arm and forced her to stay still in front of him.

"Take your dirty hands off me!" She shouted.

After a few useless attempts when she realized she cannot free herself she stood still "OK OK, I'm calm" she said while breathing heavily and gradually Osman loosen his grip on her arms.

"You wanted to meet me?" Osman said coldly.

Arta didn't reply. Her gaze was on the wall in front of her.

"Well, it seems you don't have anything to say." Osman turned to leave.

"What do you want from me? Why you have kept me alive?" Arta said with hoarse voice.

A smile crept on Osman's face. Concealing his smile, he turned and stand in front of Arta.

"That is something that you should ask Sultan. I'm just following the orders." Tears already filled in her eyes.

"But" He paused for a moment "You can improve your condition here if you collaborate."

Arta looked up into his dark emotionless eyes. "collaborate? On what?" Arta said looking suspicious.

Osman thought for a second. He knew if he asked for her help to open the door this instant, she would refuse for sure.

"Nothing special. Just stop throwing things at people and follow the rules here. You can live as a maid from now on. I hope that you are aware of your condition. You are no princess anymore and no one can change that. We are far too strong for any fool to start a war with us. Hope you understand it too." He was trying to say that even if her father decides to form an army against them, it would be yet another defeat.

Arta opened her mouth to say something. But instead, tears dropped down. She knew he was right but could not admit it yet.

Osman left the room and instruct Khadijeh to give her maid's clothes and duties.

"Let her be for today. Give her tasks from tomorrow."

Khadijeh nodded.

"And if you suspected anything about her inform me immediately."