Chapter-21

Arta was sitting in the balcony thinking about all the things that had happened to her. How her life turned upside down in the blink of an eye. What is this cruel destiny that God had written for her?

She wanted to start a new life with Osman, why did he treat her like she meant nothing to him? she wanted to be truly by his side and rule Persia not only for Persian's sake but for her own heart as well. The heart which was ready to accept Osman.

Two days had passed since the day Osman gave her, her mother's necklace. She wanted to run to Osman's room and ask him what has happened to him, but her pride would never allow her.

She was deep in her thoughts when she heard a knock on the door. Her heart skipped a beat in anticipation. It'd been two days now that she is waiting for Osman to come to her and be his kind and caring self again.

Nahla came in looking as happy as ever "Guess what?" she was jumping up and down, clapping her hands.

"I'm not in a good mood, just leave me alone."

"What? No way!"

"Whatever!" Arta sighed and walked back to the room.

"Hey wait, I have good news for you." then she looked hesitant "Well, I think it's good news."

Arta rolled her eyes "Just say it and leave me alone."

"The marriage date has set. You are getting married to the crown prince next week! How exciting is that?!?!" she started to clap again.

"What? That soon? I'm still not ready." Arta jumped to her feet looking anxious.

"Calm down my friend. We will make everything ready. I have already talked with Khadijeh about your wedding dress and other arrangements. So, don't worry about that."

"offf Nahla. I'm not talking about the stupid wedding dress. I'm talking about myself. I'm not mentally and emotionally ready."

"Oh!"

"I have to see Osman. I need to talk to him right now."

"But the prince is not here. He left the palace two days ago with his soldiers."

"Where did he go? When is he coming back?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

Arta threw herself on the bed. Her head was spinning from the sudden news.

"Anyway, about the wedding dress. I think ..." Nahla was talking non-stop but Arta was deep in her thoughts and was not listening to her.

She knew the marriage was going to happen sooner or later but not like this, not when obviously there is a misunderstanding between Osman and her. She needed to talk to him.

She decided to go and ask Khadijeh to see if she knew where was Osman and when he was coming back?

"What happened? Didn't you like my ideas about the flowers?"

"What flowers?"

"Did you hear anything that I said?"

"Sorry Nahla, I wasn't listening to you." She looked distracted.

"It's alright. I can explain it to you again, probably another time."

"Thanks!" then she rushed downstairs to the kitchen.

"Well well, look who has honored us with her presence." It was Amal who was standing in front of Arta in the kitchen. "It's our latest colleague, the princess of Persia." Then she laughed and a few maids in the kitchen also laughed.