Chapter-32

The doctor was examining Arta when Osman arrived.

He was shocked when he saw the amount of blood around Arta's lifeless body. A drop of tear fell from his eyes and disappeared in his beard. "Arta..." he sat by her side and put her head on his knees. Her body was cold and pale.

The doctor was silently examining Arta. Samir was standing at the corner of the cell and trying so hard to hide his tears.

"Is she alive?" Osman finally asked the doctor.

The doctor stood up and bowed "She is alive my prince, but her condition is critical."

He took a deep breath "What is wrong with her?"

"Unfortunately, she had a miscarriage."

"What?!" he felt a sharp pain in his heart, his heart had shattered into thousands of pieces.

"I'm sorry my prince but this place is not suitable for her condition, she has lost a lot of blood and she needs intensive care."

"Yes, of course!" Osman quickly hugged Arta and walked past the doctor. He did not know what he was doing. He was in shock by the miscarriage news.

"I'll come and check her again soon." The doctor said while bowing to Osman.

When they came out of the dungeons Osman now truly saw how thin and pale she had become. He was blaming himself for her condition. He decided not to think about the child that they had lost because of him, it was too much. The only thing that he wanted to do for now was to keep her alive.

He took Arta to their room, the room that he had not come back to in the past few weeks. He carefully placed her on the bed and called for Nahla and Khadijeh.

"She had a miscarriage. Keep this information to yourself. I don't want anyone in the palace to talk about it." Osman told them as they were looking at Arta in her bloody clothes.

The sadness in Osman's eyes was too obvious, he was grieving.

Nahla was crying silently, she bowed and just managed to mumble "I'm going to prepare the bathing pool for the princess." and left to heat the pool that had been unused for more than two weeks.

Khadijeh also left to prepare a nutritious soup for Arta.

Osman approached Arta. He put his hand in her tangled hair. She looked pale and cold but still so beautiful. He gently cuddled her while taking out her bloody clothes. He was blaming himself "It was all my fault; I killed my child. Forgive me Arta." Tears were falling from his eyes. "How can I look into your eyes now Arta, I killed our child. Forgive me, my love!"

Arta hardly opened her eyes "Osman..." she murmured his name "I'm sorry Osman, I didn't want to..."

"hush now. You need to rest. I'll take care of you. Don't worry about anything."

"No, I have to explain..."

"we will talk later, rest now." He kissed her forehead and patted her hair.

Arta felt the pain in her abdomen and touched her belly "What has happened to me? I don't feel good."

"Don't worry, you'll become alright in no time, just close your eyes and rest."

She did not have much energy to continue the conversation. She closed her eyes and mumbled, "Don't leave me."

"I won't, never." He kissed her hands and wiped his tears.

Nahla knocked and entered "the bath is ready my prince."

"You can leave now."

Nahla hesitated for a second and wanted to offer help but she bowed and left.