Chapter-6

When Osman left the tent, Samir also went after some clothes for Arta. When he came back Arta was still in the same situation.

He walked closer to Arta, she was shaking and sobbing. He stretched out his hand and offered Arta the clothes. He was keeping his distance with her in order not to scare her more.

Looking at the clothes in front of her and then at Samir she hesitantly took the clothes. Samir left the tent without any word and she was all alone again.

She changed her clothes. Her face was painful from the slap. She remembered the crazy eyes of the man who attacked her. She shivered and shook her head.

She pitied herself. She was a princess two days ago but now she was just a ... she couldn't find a word to describe herself, but she sadly remembered that general's voice in her head. "I'm just a slave now." She murmured to herself. Her world had fallen apart and she didn't have any power to change it.

There were several questions occupying her mind. "Who was that general? Why did he save her? what are they going to do with her? why did they keep her alive?"

She still didn't know what had happened to her father and brother. She was deep in her thoughts when Samir entered the tent with a tray of food and water.

"You must eat" he placed the food in front of her gently and sat at the other corner of the tent. Arta looked at the food and her stomach made noises. She was hungry but she didn't want to eat. She pushed the tray away from her and crawled back to her corner spot hugging her knees and wrapping the general's robe around herself for more protection.

Samir was watching her every move. "What is your name?" Samir asked softly in broken Persian.

Arta shot a fierce glare at her with eyes full of hatred. She couldn't see him properly in the dim light of the tent. She kept silent and was still looking at the bulky guy when he moved a bit closer to her. Anger and hatred replaced with fear again. She hugged her knees harder.

"I'm Samir." When she finally saw his eyes, she could see concern and kindness in them. She averted her gaze. He was looking at her the way Kian looked at her when he was worried about her safety.

Thinking of her brother brought more tears into her eyes.

"Don't be scared I never hurt you." He said softly.

After a few silent minutes, Samir sighed and turned to retreat to his place.

"Arta," she said with a sad shaky voice.

Samir turned back and sat in front of Arta but keeping a safe distance not to scare her. She was crying silently.

Samir took a slice of bread and placed a piece of meat on it and started eating. Arta was looking at him with teary eyes. Seeing him eating the food, she felt even more hungry.

The second mouthful Samir offered it to Arta, but she turned her head and refused to eat again. Samir shrugged and shoveled down the food as though he was the one who had not eaten for two days.

Slowly turning her head toward Samir who was eating the food greedily she regretted her decision and continue watching Samir.

Although Samir had just eaten a whole chicken in the feast, he put on this act in order to encourage Arta to eat. He had heard from the soldiers that she had refused to eat or drink anything.

When Samir was making the third mouthful, he saw a delicate hand slowly grabbed a piece of bread. Without paying any attention to her he continued eating his food slowly.

Arta was finally eating after 2 whole days. Her throat was dry, and eating was difficult. Samir poured her a full glass of water and he drank the rest of the water from the jar.