Chapter-13

"An urgent message has come from Marv, your highness." A soldier came in and bowed and handed a sealed letter to the sultan.

Sultan opened the letter and a content smile appeared on his lips. "Finally!" he whispered and called for Osman.

"Prepare for a big feast." He ordered happily to his servant.

Osman came in and bowed. "You asked for me father?"

"Osman I just received very good news from the governor of Marv."

"Marv? Isn't it where King Darian and his troops are?"

"Yes, exactly!"

Osman waited for his father to continue, instead, he gave him the letter to read.

Osman's eyes widened. "This is a big news father. But why did he betray his own king?"

Sultan shrugged "I think he knew that king Darian had not had any chance of getting his country back again and he wants to have our favor probably for letting him retain his position. Anyway, we'll know soon, the governor will be here in a week."

"Should we inform the princess about his father's death?"

"I don't think that's a good idea at least for YOU to tell her this bad news."

Sultan thought for a second and continued "It's better if she hears it from Marv's governor. After all, it was one of their own people who betrayed."

Osman nodded.

"How is the transferring of the treasury going on?" Sultan asked.

"So far, we have transferred about 300 caravans to Arabia which was only one-fourth of the treasury. Every day and all-day caravans are leaving."

"Good, good. Now you need to inform the princess that she must attend the feast."

Osman bowed and left the throne room. Osman needed to take care of a few things before she could talk with Arta or even accept this arranged marriage.

***

Khadijeh moved up the palace stairs toward Osman's room. Soldiers were rushing up and down the stairs moving furniture and chests. She didn't know what is going on.

She entered Osman's room which now was not as empty as before. Osman was ordering the soldiers to put things in the order that he wanted them to be.

Khadijeh bowed "Did you asked for me, my prince?"

"Yes. As you see I'm moving out."

Khadijeh looked around herself. There was more like moving in with this amount of stuff piling in the room. "Moving out the palace?" Khadijeh asked looking confused.

"No, I'll move to the other room at the far end of this floor." He gestured with his left hand in the direction of the room.

Khadijeh nodded.

Osman took a deep breath and continued "This room will be prepared for the princess."

"Oh, the princess is coming from Arabia?"

"No not my sister. I meant the Persian princess, Arta."

"Oh!" Khadijeh tried hard not to look shocked or ask 'Why?'.

"She can move to this room tonight."

***

Osman left the West palace to attend the evening prayers. The main palace hall was full of people standing in rows. Sultan was standing alone in front of the first row. Behind him in the first row were Osman, Samir, Ahmad, Azim, and other high-rank generals and behind them were the rows of soldiers and other palace's male servants. There was also a separate section for females.