Chapter-18

Osman put Arta on one of the benches by the bath pool. He went and lit the torches in the bath hall. The hall was cool and the water was cold.

He undressed and lifted Arta in his arms and slowly went in the pool.

The water was cold and he was shivering. He pressed Arta to his chest. Arta slowly opened her eyes.

"Baba" tears dropped from her amber eyes.

"Shshsh.." Osman said softly and pressed her head to his chest. "Don't cry my love. You will be fine. Close your eyes now." He softly kissed her forehead.

Arta started to cry a sorrowful cry that ached Osman's heart and pressed her harder to his chest.

Arta looked at him with her teary eyes. His eyes were so kind and honest. She didn't know what to say to him. His arms were comforting, and she felt safe and secure.

Unintentionally she hugged him back and tried to calm herself in his arms. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

After a few minutes, Osman felt her fever had subsided. He covered her with a cloth and took her upstairs to the bed.

He was tired and cold. So, he decided to call for Nahla to come and take care of Arta so he could go and change his clothes and eat something warm.

Nahla came in and was wondering why Arta was covered in bath cloths and Osman looked as if he was cold and the tips of his hair were wet.

"I took her to the bath pool, since there was no other way to cool her body."

Nahla nodded, she didn't know what to say.

"Change her clothes and don't leave her. I'll be back soon."

"Yes, my prince."

Osman looked pale, his lips were turning blue, and he was slightly shivering. Nahla noticed he was not looking well "Do you feel well my prince? Should I call the doctor for you?"

"No need. You just take care of her and constantly keep me updated on her condition."

Nahle bowed and Osman left the room.

Osman called Khadijeh to bring him warm food and went to his room. Samir and Ahmad were waiting for him by the door.

When they saw his pale face, they rushed to him "What has happened to you?" Ahmad asked looking concerned.

"Nothing, don't worry. I'm just tired, cold, and hungry."

"I totally agree. The winter in Persia is unbearable. I've missed the warmth of Arabia." Said Samir.

"How is Princess Arta? Today was full of unexpected events." Ahmad said.

"She is not good. I don't know what else to do for her." he rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"Don't worry my brother. I'm sure she will be fine soon Inshallah, she is a strong woman." Said Ahmad.

Khadijeh knocked and came in with a tray of warm food. He placed it on the table and bowed.

"Is there anything else that you need my prince?"

"Take the doctor to check on Arta. I'll come to her soon."

Khadijeh bowed and left.

Osman sat behind the table. He was so hungry. "come and help yourselves." Osman said to her friends.

"You go on. We have eaten a whole lamb in the feast." Said Samir rubbing his belly and laughed.

"I want you to go and bring Pirbaba here. Maybe he could help Arta to recover faster."