Not going anywhere

Jonah's eyes slowly opened on Christmas Eve and when it did his vision filled with his two moms with smiles on their faces.

"Good morning," they said in unison.

"Good morning," he mumbled back.

The two moms got on each side of him and sandwiched him between them, "This is the last morning that you'll wake up as Jonah David McCallister." Teri said making him smile.

"Yeah," he said. "Jonah David Saum Polo has a nice ring to it."

"It does," Teri said kissing his temple.

Just as they were settling into a small silence with Jonah's face buried into Sherri's chest, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Jonah called out.

Michael came stumbling into the room, "Oh," the boy said when he saw the two moms lying there with Jonah, "I can come back."

"No, no," Sherri said knowing why he was coming in here, "we'll come back." She added looking at her fiancé.

"Yeah, take your time," Teri said, "we'll be back in a little bit baby." She added to Jonah as they both kissed his cheeks. "We'll come baring coffee next time too."

"Yes," Sherri said as they left the room leaving the two boys to talk.

"Yes, they're always this weird on exciting days in the house," Michael said to a confused Jonah. "First day of high school last year was not a fun day."

Jonah chuckled as he sat up, "So what's up?" He asked.

"I - I know I've been an asshat to you lately," Michael said, "basically ignoring you and I'm sorry."

"Dude, I'm sorry," Jonah said. "I should've checked in with you and John. She was your mom first, you have that right of passage," he added.

"When my parents got a divorce, I felt like I always had to protect my mom," Michael began, "then we moved in with Teri and Bayley and Griffin shortly after the divorce was final, and I realized that I didn't have to protect her as much because Teri already does that." The boy scratched the back of his neck and continued, "The day before the divorce was final, we had a big family day. It was my parents, John, myself, and my dad's other son Caylen. And we all were trying to teach my mom how to throw a fastball and she wasn't comprehending it and I made it my mission to teach her. But I realized something last night when John and I were at that guys night with our dad and Caylen, you're going to be my brother too and I should cut you some slack. My mom is going to be your mom, I mean she already is. Nice switch up from the show by the way." He said referring to him calling Sherri mom and Teri mama.

He shrugged and bit his lip before saying, "Is it going to be like this forever?" He asked.

"Like what?" Michael asked.

"Dude, every time I make you mad somehow you grunt at me for two weeks until the moms have had enough of it and tell you to come apologize, which in itself takes anywhere from 12 hours to two days. I haven't figured out whether or not you hate my guts yet." Jonah took a deep breath, "I have real legitmate feelings man, you can't keep playing with them like this."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Michael said really frustrated, "But you have no idea what it feels like to be replaced when it comes to your mom."

"No," Jonah agreed. "I don't know what it's like to be replaced when it comes to a mom. You're right." Jonah stood up as he continued, "I just know what it's like to be replaced as a sibling because I watched all six of my sisters get adopted into families with other kids, I watched as I was replaced. I watched as I was replaced in shitty foster homes. And then finally when I land home, I finally get to be somebody's brother again, for what? Him to be mad at my existence and for teaching our shared mom how to throw at fastball?"