-Dean- Dance Practise

'As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally, because the Yule-ball is first and formost a dance!' Professor McGonagall explains. All the girls start whispering and I hear groans from the boys, well all except from Neville and Dean. Dean looks kinda happy? I don't know, he doesn't look like he hates it in fact he looks straight back at me with a small smile.

'Silence!' McGonagall yelled. 'The house of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name, by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons.' She explains.

'Now to dance, you let the body breath! Inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to forth and take flight.' She says.
'Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan.' Ron whispers to Seamus.

'Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to Prance.' McGonagall looks at Ron. 'Mr Weasley?'
'Yeah?' Ron responds.
'Will you join me please?' She grabs Ron and pulls him up to dance.

'Now, place your right hand on my waist.'
'Where?'
'My waist.' Ron says what he's told to do and one of the Weasley twins whistles.
'Now bend your arm. Mr Filch...' The music starts.

'One two three, one two three, one two three.' They dance for a while, till she yells 'Everybody come together!' All the girls stand up, all the boys stay there. All except for Neville, he stands up and walks over to Ginny. He says something and they start dancing. One by one the boys start going to girls, they all start dancing. I'm standing of to the side, I have no partner yet. I see Dean sitting awkwardly and decide that I should go to him.

'Care for a dance, M'lady?' I say cocky and do a dramatic bow.
'Oh! My prince! I thought you'd never ask!' He says just as dramatic. He stands up and takes my hand. He places his hand in mine and the other on my waist. I place my hand on his shoulder and the other in his, we start dancing. It's like the world is disappearing, just the two of us is in the room at this moment, nobody else.

'Okay everyone! That's is for this week! I'll see you here next week again, at the same time!' McGonagall yells, breaking our moment. I come back from my thoughts, a slight blush on my cheeks.
'Well, miss Thomas, it was an honour to dance with you!' I bow.
'No prince Y/l/n! It was mine, in fact it was such a big honour, that I invite you to go with me.' He smiles.
'Go with you? Where?' I ask.
'You'll see.'

He grabs my hand and he walks to the Quidditch pitch. No one's here right now, the lively Arena is completely silent. With a swish of his wand, music starts playing. The same music we danced to with the dancing practise. He grabs my hand and places it in his, he places my other hand on his shoulder and his own on my waist. We start dancing again, the world disappeared and I feel butterflies all through my body.

We dance for a while, till we feel light waterdrops.
'It started raining.' I state.
'Yeah, well, I don't care.' He smiles.

This is the most magical night of my life.