three

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Leaky Cauldron

"If you break all the rules, you miss all the fun."

Leaky Cauldron

Moments later, as the Knight Bus rocketed off, Tom, Harry, and Liv are revealed, and Harry & Liv glanced up, reading the sign above: The Leaky Cauldron. Tom dragged Harry and Liv's trunks inside, then paused and, with a flick of his wand, silenced the car alarm.

———

Inside, moments later, Harry & Liv — Liv holding Winter in her arms — trailed Tom through the quiet room. The bartender glanced up, his gaze lingering on perhaps a bit too long. A solitary wizard read a book while, at his elbow, his coffee cup stirred itself, all while Tom lead Harry & Liv upstairs.

———

As Harry and Liv followed Tom inside a back room, they found a snow white owl, Hedwig, perched and sat atop a chair. "Hedwig!" Harry exclaimed happily.

"Right smart bird you've got there, Mr. Potter. Arrived only minutes before yourself," Tom said.

A man cleared his throat and Harry and Liv turned to find a pinstriped silhouette, Cornelius Fudge, at the window, staring at the ghostly shadows beyond. Harry and Liv's reflections shivered in the glass, but the man doesn't turn. Tom took a position against the wall, fished a pair of walnuts from his pocket and — CRACK — crushed the shells between his palms. "I should tell you, Miss Potter," Fudge started, and Liv felt her cheeks heat up, clearly scared and nervous. "...earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever."

Liv stared at him nervously, Harry behind her protectively, ready to stand up for her sisters actions at any moment in time. But then Fudge turned and faced the two with a smile. "So that's that, and no harm done. Pea soup?" He asked. Liv and Harry glanced warily from the steaming tureen of green to Tom, who worked a grimy thumb into his gun, freed a walnut silver.

"No, I'm alright, thank you," Liv said, shakily while still eyeing the Minister confused. "I'm sorry, but...I don't understand. I broke the law. Underage witches and wizards aren't allowed to use magic at home-"

"Oh, come now, Liv. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts!" Fudge exclaimed, while dishing up a bowl with a cheerful smile. "On the other hand...running away like that...both of you...given the state of things...very, very irresponsible."

"I'm sorry?" Liv asked.

"The state of things, sir?" Harry asked.

"We have a killer on the loose," Fudge said.

"Oh, you mean Sirius Black," Liv said and Fudge nodded cheerfully. "What's that got to do with us though?"

CRACK!

Tom shattered another walnut as Fudge smiled at the Twins nervously. "Hm? Oh, nothing. You're safe, that's what matters. Tomorrow you'll be on your way to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks," Fudge said and Harry and Liv eyed two stacks of books, one for Liv, one for Harry. "I took the liberty of having them brought here for both of you." Liv eyed to see that one of her books, and one of Harry's, was bound by a rope. "By the way, Harry and Liv." The Twins looked back at him. "Whilst you're here it would be best if you didn't...wander."