fifteen

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
The Patronus

"I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world."

Soon after Christmas, the new term started, and into spring. Butterflies fluttered over the great green lawn. The giant squid broke through the last glaze of ice on the Black Lake. The Whomping Willow shook the water from its branches.

From the Slytherin Common Room, Liv rose one early evening and felt — refreshed. Her moment with Draco, almost kissing him, made her feel good; like all her problems just slipped away. Which was odd because Draco was usually the one causing problems.

Liv rose from her bed and scratched the back of Winter's ears before she got up. She went into her shared bathroom where Astoria was. The girl was brushing her shiny hair when Liv walked in, and the two stared at each other in awkward silence. "Evening," Liv said before she walked into one of the stalls. She heard Astoria storm out shortly afterward.

After doing her business, Liv went back into her dorm and gathered clothes from her trunk. She pulled out a long-sleeved black top, a plaid green and black skirt, a black belt, black high-top socks, and black boots.

Once she brushed her teeth, styled her hair a little, and made her hair look more glimmering, Liv grabbed a satchel she was gonna use that day and kissed Winter on her head

Once she brushed her teeth, styled her hair a little, and made her hair look more glimmering, Liv grabbed a satchel she was gonna use that day and kissed Winter on her head. That day, Professor Lupin was gonna help her and Harry create patronuses. Inside her satchel, was a couple of spell books, parchment, and quills. She wasn't sure what Professor Lupin had in store for them, and maybe her inner Hermione was showing by preparing so much.

As she walked out, Draco walked up the stairs heading for the dorms, and Liv suddenly got nervous. Her breath hitched up at just the sight of his soft skin, faint blue eyes, and his oh so perfect jawline. He was reading as he walked by, not to seem to have a care in the world. But he was actually reading. He never read anything. Liv would have to pester him to read, to study, to do anything school-related. Just to read. She loved to read. Her Uncle never gave her anything else to do besides reading. So to avoid getting yelled at, or getting grabbed or smacked, Liv would just grab a book from her Aunt's bookshelf and go under the stairs to read.

But seeing Draco, Liv couldn't help herself from thinking about the last time they talked. That's right. Liv and Draco haven't talked since Christmas Eve. He hadn't even tried, but to be honest, Liv hasn't either. She's been a little freaked out. She almost kissed him; Draco Malfoy, Slytherin Prince, has all the girl's hearts, Bad boy of the century. Liv almost let herself kiss him, but she wanted to.

"I'll always come back for you."

"Really?"

"Absolutely."