nineteen

Sirius Black studied Liv and Harry's terrified expressions as Harry drew his wand. Hermione pulled herself in front of Liv and Harry as a type of shield. "If you want to kill Harry and Liv, you'll — you'll...have to kill us, too!" She declared.

"No," Sirius Black started as Harry placed an arm around his sister. "Only one will die tonight."

Liv looked confused because she thought Sirius was after both of them. Was he now changing his mind and only after one twin now? "Then it'll be you!" Harry yelled.

"Harry! No!" Liv yelled as she held onto him. But he yanked her grip off of him.

Black wheeled towards the door as Harry eyed him, wand hand shaking violently. But when Black turned back, he stopped and regarded Harry cautiously. "Going to kill me, Harry?" He asked.

"Yes," Harry answered before he raised his wand. BLAM! — the door crashed open to Professor Lupin.

"Professor Lupin!"
"Professor Lupin!"
"Professor Lupin!"
"Professor Lupin!"

But he ignored them, eyeing Black intensely. "Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally, the skin reflects the madness within," he said.

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Black asked.

The two regarded each other, the moment taut with tension, but then Professor Lupin stepped forward and emerged Black like a brother. Liv gasped in disbelief as Hermione screamed out her frustration. "No!" She yelled and Liv eyed her friend oddly. "I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" She saw Liv's confused expression before she aggressively pointed at their Professor. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Harry, Liv, and Ron stared at Professor Lupin dumbfounded. Black then howled bitterly amused and Professor Lupin eyed him then back at Hermione. "How long have you known?" Professor Lupin asked.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay," Hermione answered.

"You're the brightest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione," Professor Lupin and Liv eyed him.

"Compliments won't save you from your betrayal," Liv told him and Professor Lupin eyed her.

"Would it help if I told you that you were the most powerful witch in all of Slytherin?" He asked.

"No," Liv immediately told him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, you glow like the sun," Black began, pulling the children's attention back to him. "And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now." Liv's breath almost left her body as she heard him say that he wanted to kill Harry. "If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone."

"Wait, Sirius-"

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!" Black snapped and Professor Lupin eyed him before nodding.

"All right then. As you wish-"

"No!" Liv suddenly yelled as she set her foot next to Harry. "You won't hurt him!" Black glanced at Liv, and just for a moment was frozen in place. But he was brought back to the present when he saw Harry raise his wand. But Professor Lupin wheeled and with a flick of his own, disarmed him.

Furious, Harry eyed Black murderously. "You betrayed our parents! You sold them to Voldemort!" Harry yelled but Black shook his head furiously.

"It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!" He told them but the twins didn't listen.

"Harry, Liv! You have to listen-"

"Did he listen?!" Liv suddenly intervened, the anger within her slowly flooding out even though she was trying to keep herself in check. "When my mother and father were dying?! Did he hear them screaming?!"