eight

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Boggart in the Wardrobe

"As soon as I see someone else getting close to you, I get jealous."

Hospital Wing

Draco was laying on a hospital bed, with Liv sitting next to him. No one else was there. No one else cared. Except for Liv. But Draco really didn't seem to see that. And she also didn't see that Draco cared for her. Both oblivious to each other.

Liv just stared him down, her arms crossed, her legs crossed, as he groaned in pain. "That bloody chicken almost killed me, and you stare at me like it was my fault," Draco said, causing her to glare more.

"Because it is," she said.

"It is not!" Draco spat.

"It is so!" Liv spat back. "If you were paying attention to Hagrid, if you had listened to that you have to earn a Hippogriffs' respect, if you would have just listened, just once, in all of your rich pureblood daddy's boy life, you wouldn't be here!"

"But-" Draco started to whine.

"No, butt's, or anything. You tried to act tough in front of me, and it just got you hurt," Liv said.

"I was not trying to act tough in front of you, Olivia Potter. Not everything is about you. I was merely trying to prove I was better than that brother of yours," Draco said.

"Oh, please, Draco Malfoy. Mr, I tattletale to my father when one thing doesn't go my way. And you weren't trying to prove anything, you just didn't like that the attention wasn't on you," Liv said, which made Draco grumble.

"Why are you here if you're just going to sit there and lecture me like my mother?" Draco asked and Liv scoffed.

"Do you see anyone else?" Liv asked, and that made Draco realize that none of his friends came to see him.

Not Goyle.

Not Crabbe.

Not Theo.

Not Blaise.

Not Daphne.

Not Astoria, thank Merlin.

And holy help him, not even Pansy.

Only Liv was. "I'm the only one who cares," Liv said.

"Why?" Draco asked as her eyes glimmered at him. But Liv didn't even know the answer herself.

"I-"

"Mr. Malfoy." The two looked to see that Madam Pomfrey was in the hospital wing, hearing every word the two had just said. "It's just a scratch. You can run along, and argue with Miss Potter elsewhere."

Liv rolled her eyes to herself before she helped him up, placing his arm around his shoulder. "What am I gonna do with you?" Liv asked.

"Not leave, obviously," Draco said as they started to walk out.

"If your arm wasn't hurting, I would hurt you," Liv threatened with a smile, causing Draco to just smirk.

Great Hall

That night, as Lavender and Parvati huddled over a dozen teacups, Avidly interpreting patterns in hushed voices, Draco, arm bound in a sling, held court before a clot of Slytherins. But with them, was an annoyed Liv, watching as Pansy was all over Draco. "Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" Pansy asked.